A medical receptionist provides assistance to executives, managers and office employees while assisting patients and families. During duty time, a receptionist uses several skills that help the facility run smoothly and maintain the clinic’s professional image.
The skills section of a medical receptionist resume contains specialized training/education and summarize personality traits that would benefit your future employer. Medical Receptionist Skills section can also be called Profile, Strengths, Qualifications, or Capabilities.
Following are some sample skills for medical receptionist resume. You may select 4 to 5 skills statements to make your resume.
• Highly skilled in performing front desk duties in a healthcare setting
• Well-versed in greeting and interacting with patients and relatives
• Documented success in answering telephone calls on multi-line system
• Well-versed in scheduling patient appointments
• Able to coordinate transportation for patients
• Demonstrated ability to interact with patients, nurses and doctors
• Profound ability to check-in and check-out patients efficiently
• Able to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
• Excellent customer service acumen
• Able to schedule tests and procedures and enter referrals into the system
• Adept at managing busy waiting room
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel