Receptionist Job Description
A receptionist is accountable for the efficient management of the front desk area by providing exceptional customer service to visitors, staff and applicants who enter at the office. This comprises maintaining the telephone exchange / switchboard and performing administrative support tasks including mail distribution, ordering office supplies or other duties as may be required to support the good organization of office operations.
A Resume for Receptionist position is a brief summary of your relevant education, experiences, skillset and other pertinent information. It should be an eye-catching document that portray you in the best form with the intention of obtaining an interview. A good resume for receptionist position:
• Uses tables and short bullets to highlight the candidate’s qualifications.
• Focuses on quantified achievements of the candidate.
• Does not state previous job descriptions in detail.
• Talks only about relevant skills and abilities.
Although a Receptionist Resume has no set format, but the following resume samples contain all information and sections which need to be present in a receptionist resume. You may tailor it per job requirements. Also include this Receptionist Cover Letter to support your resume.
|540 Everest Lane, Deming, MN 76444|
(009) 444 – 3333 • fiona @ email . com
❖❖ RECEPTIONIST ❖❖
Dedicated to continuous improvement of reception area. Record of attending to visitors and dealing with inquiries efficiently.
Responsive, customer-focused professional with 6 years’ experience in performing reception, clerical and administrative duties. Proven verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated talent in resolving customer issues, handling high volume phone calls and answering customer queries. Productive and diverse exposure of healthcare and hospitality settings. Bilingual: Fluent in English and French. Proficient in various PC operations, MS Office and database software.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|● Correspondence Handling||● Phone Etiquette||● Customer Service|
|● Reception Maintenance||● Bill Processing||● Supply Ordering|
|● PABX/Switchboard Operation||● Call Forwarding||● Log Keeping|
|● Calendar Management||● Event Coordination||● Reception Cleanliness|
• Reduced the annual front desk expenses by $20K through vigilant preventive maintenance and execution of cost effective strategies.
• Augmented overall customer satisfaction by 50% through demonstration of commitment to customer care protocols.
• Updated entire healthcare centre database within 2 months of employment effectively.
HYATT FIVE STAR HOTELS, Deming, MN
Receptionist, 10/2011 to Present
• Schedule customer bookings and guide them about available rooms and suites.
• Greet the customers courteously and cater for their special requests, needs and complaints.
• Over see maintenance of the reception and waiting area.
• Coordinate customer payments and billing.
NORTH WEST HEALTHCARE CENTRE, Deming, MN
Telephone Operator, 6/2008 to 9/2011
• Made patient appointment’s on phone and coordinated with all departments for consultant availability.
• Provided information regarding available medical facilities and billing options.
• Fielded telephone calls and forwarded correspondence to concerned departments.
GB INSTITUTE OF HIGHER STUDIES, Deming, MN
A.A., Customer Service
65 Example Ave ● Los Angeles, CA 65214
Res: (999) 321-3333 ● Cellular: (000) 666-9999 ● Email: alexia @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Receptionist position with the Mount Sinai Medical Center utilizing exceptional communication skills, clerical abilities and front desk experience to ensure the efficiency of the facility.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 2 years’ progressive experience in performing reception and front desk activities
• Demonstrated ability to greet residents and clients and guide them accordingly
• Highly skilled in answering and forwarding phone calls
• Hands-on experience in receiving, sorting and routing mail
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Software: NextGen • Typing Speed: 60 WPM • Fax and copier machines
|● Complaints Management||● Premises Security|
|● Confidentiality Maintenance||● Quality Assurance|
|● Data Protection Act Compliance||● Difficult People Handling|
|● Continued Professional Development||● Conflict Resolution|
IKEA – Los Angeles, CA Feb 2010 – Present
• Welcome visitors, determine nature of business, and direct visitors to suitable employee
• Answer incoming telephone calls; operate PBX and multi-line telephone system
• Receive, sort, and route mail
• Monitor visitor access and issues passes
• Order, receive, and maintain office supplies
• Assemble listing packages
• Help with document scanning
• Reorganized the reception area which increased overall efficiency by 30%
• Implemented customer care strategies that have led to a 50% reduction in complaints
Stringfellow Memorial Hospital – Hallandale Beach, FL Jun 2009 – Feb 2010
Front Desk Clerk
• Greeted patients
• Scheduled and confirmed patient appointments
• Performed data entry into the NextGen software system
• Responded to patient grievances
• Maintained confidential files and records
Babysitter | Summer 2008
Part-Time Grocery Clerk | Sep 2008 – Dec 2008
Hallandale Beach City College – Hallandale Beach, FL
Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations
• Majors: Front Office Management
• GPA: 3.12
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to deal promptly with emergency situations
• Able to multi-task, prioritize and flexible with changing business requirements
• Precise attention to detail