A receptionist’s job is to handle an office’s front desk operations and perform basic work pertaining to customer service, clerical work and mail management. Some other responsibilities of a receptionist include; greeting clients, responding to emails, setting appointments and scheduling meetings.
If you are looking for a position as a receptionist you will need to ensure that your resume holds the pertinent information that an employer seeks in a receptionist’s resume. It is an established fact that a resume objective is what encourages (or discourages) an employer towards reading your entire resume. Since this is the first section an employer sees, you will need to ensure it possesses receptionist savvy skills and experience.
Here are a few examples of objective statements that a receptionist’s resume should contain in order to catch immediate attention of hiring managers.
Receptionist Resume Objective Examples
• A friendly and outgoing professional looking for a receptionist position at General Motors. Bringing strong secretarial skills, proven commitment to provide fantastic customer service and ability to operate multiline telephone system to manage the front desk operations in the most efficient way
• A Receptionist position with the Pacific Dental Services utilizing exceptional customer care and clerical skills with a strong expertise in performing front desk operations to manage reception in a timely, professional, and courteous manner
• Enthusiastic and committed Receptionist looking for a position with Tri Star Engineering using strong communication and organizational skills, and experience in front office management to coordinate smooth operations of company
• A passionate and dependable individual seeking a Dental Receptionist position with Familia Dental. Offering exceptional customer service skills, strong expertise in using PABX, and proven skills in MS Office applications to contribute to the facility’s bottom-line
• Seeking a position of Receptionist where expertise in greeting customers, answering phone and handling mail will be fully utilized to increase the company’s client base and operational efficiency
Since a receptionist’s work encompasses a huge array of work, a resume objective statement can possess almost anything. Most companies rely heavily on receptionists to do their administrative work for them which is why they need to posses a personality that oozes professionalism. Ideally, these qualities need to be portrayed in a resume objective.