A porter usually works in hotels, hospitals, restaurants, kitchens or other kind of premises. S/he is responsible for cleaning, trash removal and general maintenance of the assigned areas as directed by the supervisor. He should report any practical violations of property rules and report any required repairs.
A porter resume is your first point of contact with your prospective employer. There are a number of sections in a porter resume such as objective, qualifications, experience, education, skills alike. The Skills section of Porter Resume states your specialized abilities and training or outline personality traits that would be useful for your prospective employer. The skills section of Porter Resume can also be called as Summary of Qualifications, Profile, Strengths, or Capabilities.
Following are some sample skills statements of a porter resume. You may use 5 of these items in your resume’s skills or qualifications section.
Tip: Include just those skills in your resume which are given in the details of job advertisement.
Sample Skills / Qualifications for Porter Resume
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly skilled in maintaining overall cleanliness of assigned area
• In-depth knowledge of cleaning windows, glass frames, and mirrors by means of soapy water, chemicals, cleaners, sponges and squeegees
• Hands-on experience in cleaning and polishing furniture and fixtures
• Able to give accurate and detailed information to guests, co-workers and management
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with peers and residents
• Able to lift heavy weight items
• Able to work independently without supervision
• Superior customer service skills
• Own a reliable transportation with valid driver’s license
• Enthusiastic and careful – high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Proven ability to work overtime and weekends