A porter works at hotels, hospitals, restaurants, kitchens and private households. They are responsible for cleaning, removing trash and maintaining assigned areas as directed by the supervisor.
A porter resume is your first point of contact with your prospective employer. There are a number of sections in a porter resume such as objective, qualifications, experience, education, skills alike. The Skills section of Porter Resume states your specialized abilities and training or outline personality traits that would be useful for your prospective employer. This section can also be called as Summary of Qualifications, Profile, Strengths, or Capabilities.
Following are some sample skills statements for a porter resume. You may use 5 of these bullets in your resume.
• Highly skilled in maintaining overall cleanliness of assigned area
• Well-versed in cleaning windows, glass frames, and mirrors using soapy water, chemicals, cleaners, sponges and squeegees
• Hands-on experience in cleaning and polishing furniture and fixtures
• Able to give accurate and detailed information to guests, co-workers and supervisors
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with peers and residents
• Able to lift heavy weights
• Known for working efficiently without supervision
• Superior customer service skills
• Own a reliable transportation with current driver’s license
• Enthusiastic and careful – high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
• Proven ability to work overtime and weekends