Like other members of a custodial staff, porters are responsible for a multitude of maintenance duties in an organization. Hired largely by hospitals, residential buildings and hotels, porters ensure that the premises are clean and maintained at all times. They pick up trash, remove debris and sweep floors along with ensuring that restrooms are clean and even perform odd jobs for staff. Porters working as part of airport staff are also given the duty of baggage handling along with managing other maintenance tasks.
Porters who work in hotels are required to greet guests and guide them to the front desk or their rooms. They also call cabs for guests or handle other travel arrangements and provide guests with information about local sights and guide them to shopping places. Another major duty of a porter is to keep premises free of hazardous materials and to handle grounds maintenance work. As a porter, there is much that a person needs to do – being jack-of-all-trades can be quite a useful personality trait if you want to work as a porter.
To work as a porter, you need to possess a high school diploma at the very least. Being organized and possessing the ability to multitask can make you a successful candidate for this position. If this is your line of interest, you may be interested in the career objective examples below which you can take ideas from when writing your own.
Porter Resume Objective Examples
• Energetic and determined professional seeking a position as a Porter with Metro Health. Bringing sound background in hospital safety and maintenance along with a keen sense of performing cleaning and sanitation duties.
• Looking for a position as a Porter with The Shelter Group using multitasking acumen and organizational abilities to handle the institute’s custodial and maintenance needs.
• Seeking a position as a Porter at Waterton Residential where detail orientation and exceptional service skills can be utilized to ensure a clean and debris-free environment.
• Desire a Porter position at Irvine Company. Offers strong janitorial skills aimed at handling the company’s maintenance and safety needs by following best custodial practices.
• To work as a Porter for Russel Co. utilizing custodial and general assistance knowledge to assist with vehicle and premises maintenance.
• To obtain a position as a Porter with Giant Eagle using exceptional custodial skills in order to actively support a culture of safety and cleanliness.