Police officers are required to maintain law and order in the vicinity that they are working in. Their duties include investigating and reporting suspicious activities along with putting in place preventive measures.
How to write a Cover Letter for Entry Level Police Officer Position?
• Look at the job advertisement vigilantly and incorporate the required skills in your letter
• List information about your particular capabilities that makes you a best police officer
• Bring action words into play to draw attention to your skills
• Write a rough draft and re-read it least three times before finalizing
• Cautiously proofread your final cover letter and have others double‐check what you wrote
Tip: Never mention that you have no experience in the police field. Instead, draw attention towards your law enforcement skills and capabilities.
As a fresh candidate with no experience in hand, you will need services of the following cover letter to apply for this job.
Police Officer Cover Letter (No Experience)
7624 Lower Lovelace Road
West Point, GA 5343
January 31, 2013
Mr. Nathan Hall
Manager (Human Resources)
West Point County Office
77 Woodberry Place
West Point, GA 84978
Dear Mr. Hall:
I am writing this letter to express a strong interest in the position of a Police Officer at West Point County Office. I have just finished my police training from Acme Police Institute and would now like to apply the skills that I have learnt in a practical setting.
Following are highlights of my relevant strengths which make me a perfect candidate for this police officer position:
• Highly skilled in patrolling assigned areas to maintain public safety
• Demonstrated ability to investigate crimes and accidents, get solid evidence and interview witnesses
• Well-versed in compiling notes and reports
• Strong knowledge of providing testimony in courts of law
• Proven ability to arrest criminal suspects
• Specialized courses in providing emergency assistance to victims of accidents, crimes and natural disasters
The training that I have acquired has taught me how to manage the most adverse of situations. The mock sessions that I had to go through as part of my police education have further instilled in me the analytic capability that should be inherent in a person holding this position. Furthermore, I have had the opportunity to learn managing difficult situations that work against the principles of law and order and the way to perform preventive measures so as to ward off crime. Personally, I am a calm individual that is why I am quite sure of my success in managing adverse situations with much thought and maturity.
As an fresh individual with full of energy, I am very excited to meet you with the aim of discussing this Police Officer’s position in detail. I will call your office after few days to inquire about the status of my application and can be reached at (202) 222-2222 if you need to contact me.
Thank you for your time and consideration.