Plumber Cover Letter Writing Tips
• Your cover letter for plumber resume should be tailored to the employer’s requirements in order to show your enthusiasm and commitment. Generic letters are a turn-off to employers.
• Send your letter to an exact person who has the authority to hire you. If you do not know the name of the person, call or email the company’s reception, HR Department or front office.
• If you are not capable of finding out the name of hiring authority, address your letter to the Human Resources Manager, Director or other suitable title. Don’t use the generic salutation “Dear Sir / Madam” or “To Whom It May Concern”
• If you do not meet all the exact stated qualifications, highlight related abilities or experiences. Be sure to give solid reasons why you feel you can become a good fit to job.
• In the second paragraph of the plumber cover letter, ensure to address all the qualifications listed in the announcement or job description.
• Avoid unclear, arrogant claims. Support all statements with exact examples.
• Convey enthusiasm, wish and commitment to the plumbing job.
The following cover letter for plumber resume is specially designed in keeping with the current trends of market. Entry level candidates can also use this format.
See Also: Plumber Resume with No Experience
Plumber Cover Letter Sample
584 Example 7th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 52447
July 28, 2014
Ms. Jane Smith
Wolverine Services, LLC
233 Some Street
Pittsburgh, PA 54116
Dear Ms. Smith:
I am writing to express a strong interest in the position of Plumber at Wolverine Services, as announced in the job listing at the City Placement Center. I am also sending a resume, showing that my qualifications accurately matches the requirements listed in your advertisement.
This position particularly caught my eye, because I have a strong plumbing background, a proven history in pipefitting and a demonstrated ability to:
• Install and carry out maintenance on piping systems for water, storm, air, natural gases, steam and condensate return, and sanitary sewer lines
• Install and fix plumbing fixtures including sinks, water coolers, closets, gas and electric water heaters, and pumps
• Fabricate piping systems by means of pipe manufactured from terra cotta, steel, copper, ABS, PVC, poly gas service, and cast iron soil pipe
• Read and interpret blueprints, plans and specifications
I have always admired the success of Wolverine Services, LLC, particularly in Pittsburgh, where I found the technical developments challenging and rewarding, and would very much enjoy discussing the possibility of our working together. I will call your office next week to follow-up on my application. In the interim, I can be reached at (999) 222-2222. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your time and consideration.