Order pickers work in company warehouses where their prime duty is to follow orders of picking merchandise off shelves. It may sound like the easiest job in the world but it is actually a little more complicated than that.
Order pickers are handed dozens of lists which they have to follow. These lists may include over a few hundred products that need to be fetched and locating them is one of the most difficult parts of this job. In more sophisticated settings, order pickers are provided with a headset which is used as an alternative to paper lists. Personnel at the other end tell the order picker what to pick, saving him the time to go through the list and look for products.
An order picker needs to be extremely well organized otherwise he will be roaming a warehouse the entire day without getting much work done. People applying for this position need to mention how organized and disciplined they are so that recruiters have few problems deciding who to hire. Let us look at a few examples of resume objectives for this position as required on a resume:
Order Picker Resume Objectives
• Seeking a position of Order Picker at ABC Company employing excellent physical stamina and the ability to work on a rotating shift
• Looking for an Order Picker position at Amway Inc. using efficiency in locating products and delivering to assembly pallet
• To obtain a Order Picker position at the Collins Holmes and Co. using excellence in managing accurate transactions by employing efficient use of order picking skills
• To work for WERC as an Order Picker where I may be able to use my knowledge of shipping and order picking and hands-on experience in working in a warehouse environment
• Desire a position as an Order Picker with Invento. Offering exceptional organizational and time management skills along with a profound ability to work with high volumes