Ground persons are responsible for performing maintenance work of the grounds of the premises in order to ensure that they are neat and well trimmed. They work closely with gardeners and other personnel by maintaining hedges, fences and flower beds so that the premises look visually appealing.
Ground persons do not only maintain lawns and the likes of it; they are also expected to maintain sports fields, open auditoriums and athletic tracks. When applying for a job they will need to ensure that they have some gardening or grounds maintenance experiences as this work is not as easy as it would seem and requires a lot of understanding of ground work and equipment and procedures used.
If you are a qualified ground person, you may take benefit of the following resume to apply for a job in this regard.
Ground Person Resume Sample
334 Pony Track Road, Camden Wyo, DE 88888
(221) 222-2222, carson @ email . com
Seeking a position as a Ground Person with ABC Company. Bringing knowledge of maintenance tasks and gardening procedures to engender visually appealing natural and manmade outdoor structures.
• 5+ years of dedicated experience in grounds maintenance
• Functional knowledge of general lawn care and landscaping activities
• Hands-on experience in utilizing tools and equipments for managing grounds maintenance tasks
• In-depth knowledge of pesticide and fertilizer applications
• Stayed under budget for a complicated landscaping project that was awarded the Best Landscape in Camden Wyo in 2011
• Participated in a major project that required the creation of a massive sized car using flowers and plants for the launch of BMWs new office
Bartlett Tree Experts – DE | March 2009 – Present
• Mow lawns and prune trees and shrubs
• Manage mulching, aerating and weeding activities
• Water lawns and spread topsoil
• Use ground equipment to create landscaping designs
• Shovel snow and spread salt when needed
• Use fertilizers and pesticides for maintaining grounds
• Perform decorative services such as installing stones and lights
Bartlett Tree Experts – DE | November 2008 – February 2009
• Cleaned surfaces on the outside of the building
• Raked leaves and assisted in managing irrigation ditches
• Assisted I marking design boundaries and paint jobs
• Assisted in planting seeds and gathering and removing litter
G.E.D | Camden High School, Camden Wyo, DE
• Physically fit and agile
• Strong knowledge of advanced gardening and landscaping procedures
• Understanding of safe working practices
• Experience using complex grounds maintenance equipment
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environmnt
• Excellent written and oral communication skills