A resume is the most important part of a Payroll Specialist job application set because the information in a resume is usually the deciding factor for employers. The content of your resume should complement the job description provided by a prospective employer.
Payroll Specialist Resume Tips
• List your skills and potentials that might be beneficial to the prospective firm.
• Make a table of your core competencies.
• Write the key results that you have achieved and distinctions you have got.
• Always use a typed resume with a legible font.
• Keep your resume simple and logically-organized.
• Don’t forget to send a payroll specialist cover letter along with your resume.
Following are two sample resumes for a payroll specialist position.
112 CandyLane • Ohio, OH 22334• (009) 111-2222 •sandra @ email . com
Eager to ensure processing of payroll accurately and timely.
Performance Summary: Accomplished accounting professional with a strong proficiency in performing daily payroll operations. Analytic-thinker with full command on e-Time and Kronos, ADP PCPW, Payforce, and Query. Strong PC skills including Excel, Word and Access. Track record of maintaining and checking payroll records for accuracy. High degree of professionalism with a proven ability to deal delicately with confidential material.
|• Reconciliation||• Payroll Auditing||• Recordkeeping|
|• Daily Payroll Operations||• Time Sheets Computation||• Check Processing|
|• Attendance Processing||• Garnishment Calculations||• Taxation|
|• Complaint Processing||• Task Prioritization||• Ad hoc Reporting|
• Processed payrolls for 100+ employees accurately and efficiently for 3 consecutive years singlehandedly.
• Enhanced efficiency of payroll process 50% through implementation of time effective automated processing techniques.
• Successfully completed 40 hours of FPC certification on merit.
CET COMPANY, Ohio, OH
Payroll Specialist | 6/2010 – Present
• Generate and maintain employee payroll as well as benefits information in the payroll system
• Reconcile and confirm the accuracy of the payroll data
• Research and resolve payroll differences and errors to ensure accuracy
• Process and issue salary through manual payroll checks, banking and direct deposit
• Provide time sheets to clients
• Respond to payroll processing inquiries
• Troubleshoot payroll software issues
• Review, analyze, check and correct payroll records
UNIVERSITY OF OHIO, Ohio, OH
Payroll Assistant | 5/2007 to 5/2010
• Customized payrolls on request
• Assisted the payroll specialist in compiling reports
• Computed and processed time sheets based on salary and University policy guidelines
• Resolved payroll related issues within SLA
• Maintained various checklists and project plans
Ohio Community College, Ohio, OH – 2006
Payroll Certification (FPC)
St Peter’s High School, Ohio, OH – 2004
830 Clemons Way – Midlothian, VA 22222
♦ Residence: (111) 111-1111 ♦ Cell: (000) 666-9999 ♦ Email
Decision-maker / Problem-solver / Multi-tasker
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a position as a Payroll Specialist with ATECH where exceptional skills in payroll management will be put to prudent use to maximize the efficiency.
• Over 6 months’ experience as a payroll specialist
• Highly skilled in establishing payroll procedures and processing schedules
• Good knowledge of processing payrolls on weekly, biweekly and monthly basis
• In depth knowledge of developing user procedures and guidelines
• Proficient in analyzing payroll, benefits and tax procedures and reconciling all documents for consistency
MBS Inc. – Midlothian, VA 22010
Payroll Specialist | Feb 2012 – Present
• Introduce a successful system of payroll management while tapering off the old method slowly
• Attain Employee of the Quarter award twice
• Oversee and manage payroll procedures for employees based on part time and full time basis
• Provide consultancies and train new staff to work efficiently
• Oversee all manual payroll activities
• Create, maintain and manage liaison between different departments and with outside forces to establish and ensure a perfect and working payroll system
Compass Group – Midlothian, VA 23221
Payroll Associate | Summer 2011
• Assisted in analysis and particular project work related to payroll
• Helped the team in daily reporting to management on pre-emptive solutions
• Assisted in organization and improvement of results from daily and weekly queries
Midlothian City University, Midlothian, VA – 2011
BSc. in Finance
• Payroll software: Oracle, OTL and Kronos
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Motivated and positive attitude
• Ability to speak in an assertive manner
• Great ability to multitask
• Good organization skills
• Demonstrated high integrity