A payroll Specialist performs the key task of ensuring that the salary of staff is paid on time. To make a good impression a potential employer, a payroll Specialist must make a persuasive resume. S/he has to justify that s/he is the right candidate for the job. In view of the fact that payroll is such a complicated task, immense care have to be applied while writing a payroll Specialist resume.
A resume is the most important part of a Payroll Specialist job application set because the information in a resume acts as the deciding factor for employers. If the information written in a resume is relevant to the job description, and qualifications and skills that the candidate possesses are what the employer is looking for, an interview call will be a must.
Payroll Specialist Resume TIPS
• List your skills and potentials that you think are beneficial to the prospective firm.
• Make another list stating what techniques you can handle as a payroll specialist.
• Indicate the places you have worked at and number of years you have been in this profession. It is also advisable to mention your past job description and duties.
• Don’t forget to write the key endeavors that you have achieved and distinctions you have got. This part of your resume must be quantified in order to catch the employer’s attention.
• Always use a typed resume with a legible font. Keep it simple and organized.
• Don’t forget to send a Payroll Specialist Cover Letter along with your resume.
Following is a sample resume for a payroll specialist! You can follow the plan and design your own resume by taking help from this sample.
Payroll Specialist Resume Sample 1
112 CandyLane • Ohio, OH 22334• (009) 111-2222 •sandra @ email . com
Eager to ensure processing of payroll accurately and timely.
Accomplished accounting professional with a strong proficiency in performing daily payroll operations. Analytic-thinker with full command on e-Time and Kronos, ADP PCPW, Payforce, and Query. Strong PC skills including Excel, Word and Access. Track record of maintaining and checking payroll records for accuracy. High degree of professionalism with a proven ability to deal delicately with confidential material.
|☑ Reconciliation||☑ Payroll Auditing||☑ Recordkeeping|
|☑ Daily Payroll Operations||☑ Time Sheets Computation||☑ Check Processing|
|☑ Attendance Processing||☑ Garnishment Calculations||☑ Taxation|
|☑ Complaint Processing||☑ Task Prioritization||☑ Ad hoc Reporting|
✔ Processed payrolls for 100+ employees accurately and efficiently for 3 consecutive years single handedly.
✔ Enhanced efficiency of payroll process 50% through implementation of time effective automated processing techniques.
✔ Successfully completed 40 hours of FPC certification on merit.
CET COMPANY, Ohio, OH
Payroll specialist, 6/2010 – Present
• Provide time sheets to clients
• Respond to payroll processing inquiries
• Troubleshoot payroll software issues
• Review, analyze, check and correct payroll records
UNIVERSITY OF OHIO, Ohio, OH
Payroll Assistant, 5/2007 to 5/2010
• Customized payrolls on request
• Assisted the payroll specialist in compiling reports
• Computed and processed time sheets based on salary and University policy guidelines
INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS AND ACCOUNTING, Ohio, OH, 2006
Payroll Certification (FPC)
SCHOOL OF ACCOUNTING, Ohio, OH, 2004
Payroll Specialist Resume Sample 2 (Less Experienced/Entry Level/Career Changers)
830 Clemons Way – Midlothian, VA 22222
♦ Residence: (111) 111-1111 ♦ Cell: (000) 666-9999 ♦ Email
Decision-maker / Problem-solver / Multi-tasker
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a position as a Payroll Specialist with ATECH where exceptional skills in payroll management will be put to prudent use to maximize the efficiency.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over six months’ experience as a Payroll Specialist
• Highly skilled in establishing payroll procedures and processing schedules
• Good knowledge of processing payrolls on weekly, biweekly and monthly basis
• In depth knowledge of developing user procedures and guidelines
• Proficient in analyzing payroll, benefits and tax procedures and reconciling all documents for consistency
• Payroll software: Oracle, OTL and Kronos
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
MBS Inc. – Midlothian, VA 22010
Payroll Specialist | Feb 2012 – Present
• Oversee and manage payroll procedures for employees based on part time and full time basis
• Provide consultancies and train new staff to work efficiently
• Oversee all manual payroll activities
• Create, maintain and manage liaison between different departments and with outside forces to establish and ensure a perfect and working payroll system
Compass Group – Midlothian, VA 23221
Payroll Intern | Summer 2011
• Assisted in analysis and particular project work related to payroll
• Helped the team in daily reporting to management on pre-emptive solutions
• Assisted in organization and improvement of results from daily and weekly queries
• Resolved payroll related issues within SLA
• Assessment of automation opportunities
• Maintain various checklists and/or project plans
• Introduced a successful system of payroll management while tapering off the old method slowly
• Awarded Employee of the Quarter following ability to work in harmony with all levels of management inside the company
Midlothian City University, Midlothian, VA
BSc. In Finance – 2011
CGPA 3.25 / 4
• Excellent skills in written and verbal communication
• Motivated and positive attitude
• Ability to speak in an assertive manner
• Great ability to multitask
• Good organization skills
• Demonstrate high integrity