The interview is a decision stage where the employer meets you in person to judge whether you are qualified enough and how you communicate with them. Therefore you should prepare for the job specific answers to the questions the interviewer might ask before going to the interview for best performance and increasing your chances of winning the job.
The following sample Q/A will help you prepare a job-winning interview for Payroll Assistant job.
Payroll Assistant Interview Questions and Answers
Q. Give us a brief overview of your professional career as a Payroll Assistant?
After graduating from University of California with a BBA Degree, my first full time job was at Marshall & Swift Boeckh as a Book-keeping Executive. I worked there for a year and then I was offered a better opportunity as a Payroll Assistant at Enova Financial, where I have been working for the past two years. Other than this, I have also done three internships during my degree of which one was focused on ‘compensation and benefits’ function processes of Barclay’s Bank and the other two were related to payroll management at Delaware North Companies and University of California.
Q. What do you think are the major responsibilities of a Payroll Assistant?
The major duties of this professional comprises:
• Accurately completing payroll processing tasks, reconciliations and related reports on time
• Responding to inquiries related to payroll processes and procedures in an effective manner
• Resolving payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information accurately
• Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures and reporting changes made or required
• Maintaining employees’ confidence and keeping payroll operations and information confidential
• Properly maintaining all payroll records and reports including annual and quarterly filings
• Resolving payroll issues and efficiently communicating with all parties involved
Q. How good do you think you are at all of these tasks? Where will rate yourself on the scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest?
I am completely trained at all of these tasks because of my three years of experience and relative to that I will rate myself ten on ten. I can assure you that it is my expertise that I am rating myself full, not over confidence.
Q. What Payroll software applications are you familiar with?
I am proficient in using:
• Optimum Solutions – Optimum Payroll
• ADP – Payroll Solutions
I have also had the experience of using:
• Qqest Payroll Services
• CheckMark Software
Q. What motivates you to pursue a job in our company?
Your company is on the 3rd rank in “U.S Best Workplace Ethics” ranking and for me work environment is the first and foremost thing that attracts me, otherwise I am earning fairly enough to make a good living. Also, your core values: respect, integrity, excellence and equality, have motivated me to be your employee.
Q. How do you feel about working nights and weekends?
If the need be, I am perfectly fine with working on odd timings. There have been multiple situations at work where I worked overtime and on weekends when the work load was greater than usual. What kept me putting my best of abilities was the appreciation that I received for my extra efforts at work.
Q. Are you willing to relocate or travel?
If my job requires relocation, I can and I am completely fine with traveling.