Paralegals, also known as legal assistants, provide support to lawyers where administrative, clerical and research work is concerned. They may be required to assist attorneys in preparing lawsuit cases during flexible hours and schedules. At an entry level position, paralegals mostly work in a learning capacity.
Paralegal Resume Writing Tips
● Make sure that your resume is a factual reflection of your relevant skills, strengths, abilities, community services and involvements, and your personality.
● When employers review resumes for entry level positions, they typically skim first and look quickly for applicant’s core competencies, educational background and transferable skills. Therefore, mention your attributes under attractive headings.
● Use bullet points rather than writing in long sentences or paragraphs – be short and snappy.
The following example show what an entry level paralegal’s resume should contain in order to grab the attention of the reader.
Related: Paralegal Intern Resume Sample
55 Eureka Street, Wilmington, DE 76353
(511) 501-5555 | k.lee @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Paralegal with ABC Company utilizing exceptional office management skills and brilliant background in law education to assist in orchestrating a smooth flow of legal operations.
St, Anthony Community College, Wilmington, Delaware – 2015
Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies
• Criminal law
• Litigation and Trial Practice
• Administrative Law
• Business Organizations
• Real property
• Torts: Personal Injury Litigation
• Legal Research
• Legal Analysis and Writing
• Working knowledge of investigating the facts of a case
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research on pertinent laws, regulations, and legal articles
• Highly skilled in writing reports to assist lawyers prepare for trials
• Able to organize and present the information in a factual way
• Hands-on experience in keeping the case information in computer databases
• In-depth knowledge of drafting letters, contracts and mortgages
• Proficient in managing clerical duties pertinent to a law office
CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Secretary of Criminal Justice Club
• Team Captain of the college football team
• Tutor at the Boys’ Club
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Able to work independently
• Ability to use tact and sense of judgment effectively
• Proven ability to interpret and apply relevant rules
• Good knowledge of legal terminology