Paralegal Resume Writing Tips
When writing an entry level resume for a paralegal position, you want to ensure that your resume is a factual reflection of your relevant skills, strengths, abilities, community services and involvements, and even your personality.
When employers review resumes for entry level positions, they typically skim them first, looking quickly for applicant’s core competencies, educational background and other transferable skills.Therefore, mention your attributes utilizing effective headings.
Use bullet points rather than writing in long sentences or paragraphs – be short and snappy.
Paralegal Job Description
Paralegals, also known as legal assistants, provide support to lawyers where administrative, clerical and research work is concerned. They may be required to assist attorneys in preparing lawsuit cases during flexible hours and schedules. At an entry level position, paralegals mostly work in a learning capacity.
The following example show what an entry level paralegal’s resume should include in order to grab the attention of the reader.
Related: Paralegal Intern Resume Sample
Entry Level Paralegal Resume Example – No Experience
55 Eureka Street, Wilmington, DE 76353
(511) 501-5555, Email
Seeking a position as a Paralegal with ABC Company utilizing exceptional office management skills and brilliant educational background in law to assist in orchestrating a smooth flow of legal operations.
St, Anthony Community College, Wilmington, Delaware – 2012
Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies
• Criminal law
• Litigation and Trial Practice
• Administrative Law
• Business Organizations
• Real property
• Torts: Personal Injury Litigation
• Legal Research
• Legal Analysis and Writing
• Working knowledge of investigating the facts of a case
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research on pertinent laws, regulations, and legal articles
• Highly skilled in writing reports to assist lawyers prepare for trials
• Able to organize and present the information in a factual way
• Hands-on experience in keeping the case information in computer databases
• In-depth knowledge of drafting letters, contracts and mortgages
• Proficient in managing clerical duties pertinent to a law office
CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Secretary of Criminal Justice Club
• Team Captain of the college football team
• Tutor at the Boys’ Club
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Able to work independently
• Ability to use tact and sense of judgment effectively
• Proven ability to interpret and apply relevant rules
• Good knowledge of legal terminology