Do you know that it is possible to enhance the impact of your correctional officer cover letter for by following some simple steps?
The time spent in crafting a cover letter always gives reward. Putting some extra effort just to create an excellent cover letter is truly worth a shot – since cover letters plays an important role in selection process.
Correctional Officer Cover Letter Tips
• State the exact position you are applying for
• Date your letter
• Address the letter directly to the HR manager by name
• Make sure you provide your current contact information
• Proofread it thrice
745 King’s Lane ■ Eloy, AZ 43282 ■ (004) 415-8545 ■ jake @ email . com
October 6, 2016
Mr. David Raymond
Corrections Corporation of America
882 Fischer’s Sq
Eloy, AZ 43282
Dear Mr. Raymond:
▬ Are you seeking a successful criminal justice professional who is able to contribute effectively to your bottom-line?
▬ Could you use the services of an experienced and dedicated correctional officer?
▬ Do you wish to hire an energetic professional who is highly knowledgeable of the American Criminal Justice System?
I strongly believe my profile offers the combination of skills and experience you are seeking in the ideal candidate to fill in the correctional officer position at Corrections Corporation of America:
● Current first responder certification with BS in criminal Justice
● Well versed in accompanying visiting clergies and attorneys and assisting them in inmate communication and data provision
● Particularly effective in searching incoming and resident inmates as and when needed
● Able to carry out Preliminary breath tests, take photographs and record fingerprints
● Track record of handling inmate disputes, and reporting the same and devising disciplinary action
During my 3 years of experience in criminal justice arena, I handled substance abuse cases and individuals with mental health and social inclusion issues. This experience renders me a highly suitable correctional officer for your facility since you also have a mix inmate facility.
My resume is enclosed for your consideration. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss the position with you in person. Please communicate an interview date and time at your earliest convenience.