Among all the sections of a resume, an objective statement is probably the trickiest one. This is the section your reader’s first glance will fall on.
We have a provided below a helpful checklist for you in order to ensure your new grad nurse resume objective is all it needs to be:
☑ It specifically mentions the exact name of the position you seek.
☑ It states the name of the hospital/ institution you are applying at.
☑ The statement highlights some of your relevant qualifications.
☑ It takes an exciting tone to impress the readers right from the beginning and inspires them to continue reading the entire document.
☑ It clearly communicates the candidate’s potential and promises a good value of the candidacy.
Entry Level or New Grad Nurse Objective must be written immediately below the top part of a resume where you type your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. It should be a little statement with one of the following headings:
• Professional Objective
• Career Goals
Generally the objective statement for Entry Level or New Grad Nurse includes 1-3 lines of text, and should sum up your career ambitions, what you are expecting from a job and the most important, what you have to offer to the employer. Here are some examples to help you build an effective resume objective.
Related: Entry Level RN Resume Sample
Sample Entry Level / New Grad Nurse Objectives
• Dedicated,energetic nursing professional seeking position as a Registered Nurse with the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Bringing knowledge and skills in different nursing areas including critical care, oncology and emergency.
• To obtain a nursing position at Medixi Hospital. Well versed in patient progress monitoring and charting, diagnostic testing and catheter care. Bringing in depth knowledge of sand adherence to infection control protocol to be followed in medical settings issued by NY state’s medical ministry.
• Looking for a nursing position at H&H Healthcare Center. Specialized courses in intravenous infusions, dialysis and cardiac care. Particularly effective in building rapport with non-cooperative patients and their families.
• New York State licensed and BLS certified nurse seeking a position in the Intensive care unit of Medici Hospital. Expertise include: emergency patient care, medicine administration and doctor’s assistance.
• Compassionate and friendly individual, recent graduate of the International Institute of Nursing. Seeking to join FDR Hospital. Offers exceptional skills in bed side patient care, data documentation and IV administration of prescribed medicines.
• Friendly, responsible and detail oriented nursing graduate seeking work with the North West Hospital in capacity of RN. Offering recent ACLS certification, extensive exposure to CCU environment and demonstrated ability to assist the doctors and consultants in the surgical unit.
• Recent RN graduate seeking a nursing position at the trauma centre, NW Hospital. Proven skills in handling medical emergencies and traumas. BLS certified with special skills in providing effective patient bedside care and ability to maintain accurate patient records.
• A dynamic and soft spoken RN graduate seeking an entry level nursing position at the CCU, Medixi. Offering matchless skills in post operative patient care, surgical assistance and pharmaceutical oncology. Expert in collecting blood samples and testing the same for diagnosis.
• RN Position at the Helping Hands Hospital. Proficient in history taking, progress charting and providing Basic Life Support services at the emergency unit.
• A position in the field of nursing leading to managerial responsibilities.
• Licensed Practical Nurse position at a reputed Health Care facility using education and training in nursing, in addition to interpersonal skills to provide the residents with the highest level of patient care.
• Seeking a position as a Staff Nurse with the Integris Health, which will require me to make the most of my practical experience while providing excellent health care to patients.
• To work as an RN with Jersey Healthcare. Fully energized to support and apply the standards of nursing practice as established by the occupation.
• Seeking an entry-level Occupation Therapist position that will enable me to utilize my skills and knowledge, in order to build up the facility’s effectiveness.