A PROFILE or SUMMARY Section of a Nurse Resume plays a vital role in your hiring process. This section has gained popularity among employers over the past few years. It allows you to sum up the exceptional features of your background that are pertinent to the nursing job. A well written profile section can direct the reader to what you want her/him to know about your enthusiasm and past performance, and give hint about what to focus on.
If you are facing difficulty writing a profile statement for Nurse, choose one of the following paragraphs which best describe your relevant skills and work traits. You may also name this section as “Performance Profile” or “Performance Summary.”
Feel free to modify and revise statements to fit your specific abilities and traits.
Tip: Do not copy word for word but modify it slightly per your situation.
Sample Profiles for Nurse Resume
• Enthusiastic, compassionate nursing professional with 11+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse. Possess incomparable knowledge of the nursing processes, professional standards of nursing and a track record of maintaining confidentiality and protecting sensitive data at all times. Dynamically capable of initiating discharge planning based on assessed needs specifically keeping in mind the organizational and department safety standards. Current California State Licensure as a Registered Nurse and BLS certificate. Devoted to provide utmost level of ease and care to patients.
• Energetic, sensible individual working over the last 9 years as an Occupational Health Nurse. Diversely experienced in conducting clinical assessments. Substantial knowledge of coordinating occupational health programs and advising employees on prevention of illness and injury. Well versed in providing emergency treatment for injury and illness, communicating with management on occupational health issues along with proficiently handling health screening procedures. Assured exhibition of professionalism and integrity at all times. Active Certifications include: Audiometry, Blood-borne Pathogens Training Certificate and CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation).
• A compassionate professional with 7+ years’ experience as a Plant Nurse. Specializes in conducting pre-employment, post-accident, and random drug screens. Proficient in supervising pre-placement physicals on all new hires along with recording all information on the medical health questionnaire. Adept at performing emergency first aid to all employees who require it and ordering first aid supplies for facility. A conscientious and resolute individual determined to accomplish quality performance that meets expectations of the position/company.
• Skilled and highly-motivated nursing professional with 2 years’ hands-on experience as an Emergency Room Registered Nurse. Exceptional command over assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care with a superior emphasis on prioritizing patient care based on resource availability. Exceedingly skilled in collaborating with physicians to provide quality patient care and assisting physicians during treatments and procedures. Long-term goal contains a strong aim of providing finest kind of medical care.
• Highly-accomplished, achievement-driven healthcare expert having more than a decade of experience in the field of nursing as a Registered Nurse. Unsurpassed knowledge of symptoms and complications associated with surgery and anesthesia including initial treatment. Demonstrated ability to immediately identify medical and surgical complications by conducting ongoing surveillance. Thorough working knowledge of catheterization, ventilator care and pain management. Committed to enhance the quality of patient care through competent, skilled nursing diagnosis, promising patients a healthier and happy life.