Clinical nurse specialists are advanced practiced nurses who provide direct patient care within the specialization that they have graduated in. They may have specialized in cardiology, oncology or even pediatrics.
If you are a qualified clinical nurse specialist, you may need to put forward your specialization information in a resume when applying for a job.
Look at the following example which will guide you how to make an effective resume for Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Also See: Clinical Nurse Specialist Cover Letter
45 Goodwin Drive, Park Ridge, IL 77884
(999) 999-9999, lyn @ email. com
OBJECTIVE: Desire a position as a Clinical Nurse Specialist with Dignity Healthcare using specialization in oncology along with a decade of experience providing prudent patient care.
• 10+ years’ dedicated experience serving patients suffering from cancer
• Proficient in applying the principles, concepts and techniques related to patient care
• Proven record of making independent decisions about patient and family nursing needs
• Track record of contributing to the quality improvement plan and meeting core measure performance goals of the facility
EXCELLENCE IN CLINICAL WORK
• Accomplished success in placing an educational program based on clinical performance and orientation for patients and families
• Trained several groups of trainee nurses in delivering excellent patient care by utilizing their education as a base
St. Bernard’s Healthcare – Park Ridge, IL
Clinical Nurse Specialist | Jan 2003 – Feb 2013
• Obtained patient history and completed physical assessment to determine level of care required
• Conducted regular patient rounding to establish and help carry out care plans
• Completed risk assessment prior to surgical procedures
• Provided consultation and education to patients
• Assured utilization of evidence based practice
• Provided bedside nursing instruction when needed
University of Illinois – Park Ridge, IL, 2002
Master’s of Science in Nursing
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• Current Licensure as Advanced Nurse Practitioner
• BLS and CPR
• Strong program development skills
• Demonstrated ability to utilize electronic medical records
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Excellent organizational acumen
• Exceptional ability to work under time constraints