An aged care nurse responsibility is to look after elderly and unwell people within a facility or at the client’s home.
These nurses are usually licensed nurses who have special training in looking after aged people with medical problems.
In order to get a job as an aged care nurse, you will need a compelling resume along with cover letter to apply. To prepare an outstanding you may get ideas from the example below.
Aged Care Nurse Resume Sample
90 Millpoint Road, South Perth, WA 6664
(023) 123-4567, Email
CAREER OBJECTIVE: To work for ABC Organization as an Aged Care Nurse utilizing knowledge and experience of working with the elderly and related medical problems to provide a true care.
• Over seven years of experience as an Aged Care Nurse at The Seniors’ Home
• Highly skilled in providing quality nursing service to the residents
• In depth knowledge of providing direct resident care and nursing services in accordance to nursing practices
• Hands on experience in providing ongoing education to patients and family relevant to disease in question
• Designed and implemented an integrated activities program that dealt with bringing out elderly patients with clinical depression by involving them in community work
• Wrote a paper on dementia management published in the Doctors’ Weekly in January 2012
AGED CARE EXPERIENCE
The Seniors’ Home – South Perth, WA
Aged Care Nurse | August 2005 – Present
• Administer medications
• Observe patients for signs of changes in condition and record progress
• Change dressings and take and record vitals
• Assist with resident check-in process
• Create and maintain liaison with doctors and patients’ families
• Provide counseling services to patients and families
• Complete all paperwork required
BS in Nursing | City College, South Perth, WA – 2004
• Compassionate nature
• Objective thinker with ability to follow directions precisely
• Demonstrated ability to deal with difficult situations effectively
• Ability to manage emotional extremes effectively
• Good communication skills