A skills based or functional resume for a child caregiver or nanny position is suitable for career changers and entry level job seekers with no experience in hand.
When writing this kind of resume, you should mention your enthusiasm to work for children of all ages on a continuing and flexible basis at the employer’s residence. Emphasize on your transferable skills you would bring to the prospective family.
Following resume example is very suitable for entry level candidates changing their career or fresh graduates with no prior experience in this field.
See also: Nanny Cover Letter
332 Example Street ● Austin, TX 25210 ● (000) 999-0009 ● sara.hamilton @ email . com
CHILD CAREGIVER / NANNY
PROFILE: Loving, fun and nurturing child care professional with extensive knowledge of advanced care techniques. Well versed in managing needs of children of age upto 12 years. Incredibly flexible (24/7) individual who enjoy extensive travelling. Possess strong references . CPR/First Aid trained.
|● Nutritious Meals Preparation||● Bathing / Clothing||● Materials Preparation|
|● Recreational Activities||● Potty Training||● Activities Conduction|
|● Behavior Management||● Diaper Changing||● Daily Routine Supervision|
• Capable of merging enjoyable and life-enriching experiences into everyday moments
• Adept at running errands and laundry
• Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and Internet
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Current Texas driver’s license
AA Agency, Houston, TX May 2012 – Aug 2012
• Managed and cared for children at employer’s house
• Bathed, clothed and nourished infants and children
• Prepared formulas and changed diapers of infants
• Watched over children’s activities during meals and rest periods
• Involved children in activities such as games, crafts, reading and outings to give fun and exercise
• Prepared and served meals for children
• Performed housekeeping duties
• Observed kids and made reports for agency
• Took toddlers to and from school and to appointments
G.E.D | Houston High School, Houston, TX 2010
REFERENCES Enclosed (You should provide three professional or educational references on a separate sheet)