Medical assistants work under the supervision of physicians and are responsible for working closely with patients. People at this position are responsible for providing assistant-ship to physicians by working closely with patients and managing administrative as well as basic clinical work.
What is a Skills Resume for Medical Assistant Position?
A skills-based resume for Medical Assistant position is best choice if you are a entry-level new graduate having no prior experience, returning to employment after being jobless for a while, or changing your career. In this kind of resume, you should make emphasis to your pertinent skills and accomplishments that will be valuable to the prospective employer- rather than focusing on work experience or employment history. A Medical Assistant skills resume containing a targeted objective and list of bullet phrases will work magically and increase your chances of getting the interview.
Below is an example of a skills resumes for a medical assistant.
Medical Assistant Skills Resume Example
1 Braswell St # 32 ● Knightdale, NC 66353
Cell: (333) 333-3333 ● Email:
Seeking a position as a Medical Assistant with Green Care utilizing administrative expertise, communication skills and clinical background to make smoother the functions of facility and increase patient satisfaction.
• Over 5 months’ practical experience working as a Medical Assistant
• BLS Certified
• Highly skilled in providing care services to patients and coordinating with nursing staff for management of care procedures
• Well versed in performing medical billing and coding procedures
• Computer: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
|● Filing insurance forms||● Taking and recording vital signs|
|● Scheduling appointments||● Medical terminology|
|● Patient follow-up||● Procedures and exams assistance|
|● Room preparation||● Giving injections|
|● Supplies management||● Lab testing / Phlebotomy|
|● Phone triage||● Patient education|
Family Health Clinic, Knightdale, NC | January 2007 – June 2007
Medical Assistant Intern
• Prepared patients for examination procedures
• Took and record vitals and height/weight
• Took and interpret clinical examinations and procedures
• Administered medication and shots
• Assisted doctors with clinical and medical procedures
• Assisted medical staff in educating patients and families
• Obtained laboratory samples and completed paperwork
Knightdale City College, Knightdale, NC
Associate in Medical Assisting – 2006
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Good time management
• Great attention to detail
• Computer savvy