Medical assistants work under the supervision of physicians and are responsible for working closely with patients. They are responsible for providing assistantship to physicians by performing administrative as well as basic clinical work.
What is a Skills Resume for Medical Assistant Position?
A skills-based resume for Medical Assistant position is best choice if you are a entry-level new graduate having no prior experience, returning to employment after being jobless for a while, or changing your career. In this kind of resume, you should make emphasis to your pertinent skills and accomplishments that will be valuable to the prospective employer- rather than focusing on work experience or employment history. A Medical Assistant skills resume containing a targeted objective and list of bullet phrases will work magically and increase your chances of getting the interview.
Below is an example of a skills resumes for a medical assistant.
1 Braswell St # 32 ● Knightdale, NC 66353
Cell: (333) 333-3333 ● Email:
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Medical Assistant with Green Care utilizing administrative expertise, communication skills and clinical background to make smoother the functions of facility and increase patient satisfaction.
• Over 5 months’ practical experience working as a Medical Assistant
• BLS Certified
• Highly skilled in providing care services to patients and coordinating with nursing staff for management of care procedures
• Well versed in performing medical billing and coding procedures
• Computer: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
|● Filing insurance forms||● Taking and recording vital signs|
|● Scheduling appointments||● Medical terminology|
|● Patient follow-up||● Procedures and exams assistance|
|● Room preparation||● Giving injections|
|● Supplies management||● Lab testing / Phlebotomy|
|● Phone triage||● Patient education|
Family Health Clinic, Knightdale, NC | January 2007 – June 2007
Medical Assistant Intern
• Prepared patients for examination procedures
• Took and record vitals and height/weight
• Took and interpret clinical examinations and procedures
• Administered medication and shots
• Assisted doctors with clinical and medical procedures
• Assisted medical staff in educating patients and families
• Obtained laboratory samples and completed paperwork
Knightdale City College, Knightdale, NC
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting – 2006
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Good time management
• Great attention to detail
• Computer savvy