Tips & Guidelines
● Start your resume with a dynamic summary or profile. This will grab the hiring manager’s attention right at the beginning.
● Build two different sections for patient care and clerical skills so that the reader can get an idea about your potential and capabilities.
● Since medical assistance is a specialized field, it is important to amply highlight your relevant academic qualifications in your resume.
The following example of medical assistant resume will provide you a basic idea on building a successful and optimized resume for your job application. It is specifically designed for fresh graduates with no experience. Feel free to modify this example as per requirements of the prospective employer and your personal circumstances.
We expect that this resume sample along with this medical assistant cover letter will help newly graduates tremendously.
33 East Street • London, ON G8R 6S9 • (999) 999-9999 • sara @ email . com
Highly dependable individual with a sound understanding of medical assistance and clerical tasks. Outstanding communication skills as well as great customer service acumen. Enthusiastic to obtain a position as a medical assistant at ABC Hospital.
• Vitals and blood pressure
• Injections, phlebotomy, EKG’s and basic lab tests
• Room preparation and equipment strealization
• Describing prescriptions
• Patients’ education and answering questions
• Coding charts Interpretation
• Files organization
• Collection and documentation of patient information
• Medical records maintenance
• Computer: MS Word, excel, outlook, access
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting | CITY COLLEGE, London, ON – 2014
Phlebotomy and CPR Certifications – 2015
Medical Intern | ST LOUIS HOSPITAL, London, ON | Jan 2015 – Present
• Take medical histories and recording of vital signs of patients
• Prepare and manage medications, approve drug refills, telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy
• Draw blood, get patients ready for x-rays, take electrocardiograms, remove sutures, and change dressings of patients
• Explain cure procedures to patients
• Prepare patients for examinations, and support physicians for the duration of examinations
• Collect and arrange laboratory specimens and carry out basic laboratory tests
• Dispose of dirty supplies, and make medical instruments germ-free
• Educate patients about medications and special diets
• Organize examination room instruments and equipment
• Keep waiting and examining rooms tidy and clean
• Familiar with medical terminology
• Willing to cross trained for other clinic duties
• Knowledge of medical ethics and confidentiality
• Bilingual: English and Spanish