A 911 dispatcher relies heavily on the skills of an emergency medical technician for helping victims of an emergency. As soon an EMT receives a call from a dispatcher, he is expected to run to the scene of accident or assault and help the victim survive the circumstances as best as he can.
Emergency medical technicians are trained in medical procedures like first aid, CPR and advanced critical care which they are expected to provide in the event of an emergency. They evaluate their patients in the first glance and by examining their physical condition to form a plan of immediate care so that they can be transported to a hospital.
This can be a daunting job especially for first timers however, as experience grows with time, this work becomes almost mechanical. EMTs are expected to provide some emotional and trauma support to victims so that they can ease them to facilitate the procedure of examining and administering care.
If you are looking for this challenging job, you may be interested in building an effective resume. Following objectives for your resume will help you writing the beginning line of your resume.
• Energetic professional looking for an Emergency Medical Technician position with Hall Ambulance employing expertise in providing initial patient assessment and medical care in order to help them survive.
• Seeking a position as an EMT at Envision Healthcare utilizing hands-on experience in administering first aid procedures and ensuring patient comfort as best as possible.
• To work for Core Healthcare Facility as an EMT where a strong understanding of emergency patient care can be utilized to provide efficient life support and first aid treatment to patients in emergency situation.
• To obtain an EMT position with Sava Health using expertise in initial patient assessment and the ability to provide an immediate plan of care.
• Desire an EMT position with 911 Assist. Offering thorough understanding of stress-response along with basic medical services provision in an emergency situation.