A Medical Assistant perform clerical and medical assisting tasks to run the office efficiently. Specific responsibilities include answering phones, setting up schedule, filling out cover forms, handling mail, organizing hospital admissions, providing laboratory services, and managing billing and secretarial tasks.
Below is a great cover letter along with a resume sample for medical assistant job. This combination will help you building the most effective job application set.
Related: Certified Medical Assistant Resume
555 Example Street
Vaughan ON D9V 6V9
January 11, 2016
Ms. Claire Smith
St Louis Community Clinic
333 Ada Boulevard
London, ON 7P2 H7W
Dear Ms. Smith:
My 9 years’ extensive experience, associate degree in medical assisting and exceptional clerical skills would enable me to contribute to St Louis Community Clinic in the role of a Medical Assistant.
Through my diverse experiences in medical field, I have developed expertise in taking and recording vital signs, keeping care of the treatment rooms, maintaining records of the office and patients, preparing patients for treatment and performing preliminary physical tests. Moreover, I’m able to maintain a secure and organized work environment by establishing and following predefined standards and procedures. In addition to my relevant experience, I possess outstanding spoken communication and organization skills, aptitude to preserve privacy and have a customer focused approach.
I look forward to meeting with you soon to talk about how my knowledge will helpful for your Clinic. I will be contented to come to your office any weekday morning to meet you. In case of any confirmation about my credentials, you can reach me at (000) 129-9009.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
555 Example Street ● Vaughan ON D9V 6V9
(999) 009-9999 ● [Email Address]
SUMMARY: Patient-focused, expert Medical Assistant with more than 4 years’ experience with well-known healthcare settings. Well-versed in providing basic medical support and performing clerical tasks. Expert user of word, excel, outlook and access. Known for providing excellent customer service to visitors, patients and families.
May 2007 – present
ABC Hospital, Toronto, ON
• Take medical histories and record essential signs of patients
• Prepare patients for examinations, and assist physicians throughout examinations
• Dispose of dirty supplies, and sterilize medical instruments
• Instruct patients regarding medications and special diets
• Give details of cure procedures to patients
• Collect and arrange laboratory specimens and occasionally carry out basic laboratory tests
July 2006 – May 2007
St. Paul Hospital, Windsor, ON
Junior Medical Assistant
• Organized examining room instruments and apparatus
• Took electrocardiograms, eliminate sutures, and change dressings of patients
• kept waiting and examining rooms orderly and clean
• Obtained and maintained supplies and equipment
• Prepare and managed medications
• Approved drug refills, telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy
• Draw blood, prepare patients for x-rays
CITY COLLEGE, Windsor, ON – 2003
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting