Auto Mechanics are required to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and engine related problems in automobiles and work towards fixing them.
Owing to the technology boom, auto mechanics are also required to possess some electrical knowledge as most cars have computer systems in them.
Whether you are entry level auto mechanic or possess years of experience, you need an effective resume to convince the employer. Let us have a look at what a resume for an auto mechanic will possess.
21 Lonas Drive ♦ Knoxville, TN 66635 ♦ (009) 999-9119 ♦Email
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 9+ year’ progressive experience as an auto Mechanic
• Highly skilled in troubleshooting and repairing of gas, diesel and alternate fuel vehicles
• Hands on experience in adjusting and replacing engines and other parts within automobiles
• Certified in brakes, engine repair, front end steering and suspension.
• In depth knowledge of principles of internal combustion engines, tools and equipment used
• Proficient in interpreting repair manuals and instruction sheets
• Possess high level of technical and troubleshooting abilities
• Ability to work with advanced tools and equipment
• Able to lift up to 50lbs
• Excellent communications skills in written and verbal English and French
• Completed preventive maintenance procedures on all vehicles of State Affairs in record time for the annual race
• Introduced a new system to determine automobile engine problems and suggested troubleshooting procedures
• Accomplished routine pre-emptive maintenance, increased effectiveness by 30%
• Scheduled and maintained records of vehicles and equipment, decreased retrieval time by 20%
Ford Time Motors – Knoxville, TN (February 2005 – Present)
• Perform routine and anticipatory maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment
• Clean and maintain vehicles
• Order parts for vehicles
• Troubleshoot and repair all types of problems
• Schedule and maintain history records of all vehicles
• Ensure all safety systems are in check before performing any procedure
Diploma: City High School | Knoxville, TN – 2004