Assistant Store Managers are responsible for managing a store in the absence of a manager or in assistance thereof. Owing to the long hours that stores generally operate on, some stores may hire more than one store assistant manager.
Resume writing for assistant store manager position is an art. You need to balance all the resume sections well to create a coherent and attractive resume. Candidates who are experienced often find it difficult to come up with concise single paged resumes while those with little experience face the opposite problem i.e. not having enough material to fill up the space. Below are some effective resume writing tips for both types of candidates.
➜ If you have too much experience to fit in one page, either select the relevant one or include only that of the past five years. There is no need to detail ancient history. You can also save space by mentioning only the key accomplishments in the experience section while skipping the job description which the employer obviously already knows.
➜ In case you have no experience, fill up the space wisely and insert a detailed skills section to compensate for the short experience.
Assistant Store Manager Resume Example
534 Downing Street, O Fallon, MO 24232
(999) 902-9999, Email
CAREER OBJECTIVE: To obtain a Store Assistant Manager Position with Carter’s utilizing expertise in managing employees and store operations while working in a highly stimulating work environment.
• Five years of demonstrated practical experience of working in a retail environment
• Highly experienced in providing auxiliary services pertaining to employee scheduling, paperwork management and cashier duties
• Hands on experience in conducting preventive store maintenance and basic repairs
• In depth knowledge of prioritizing, delegating and organizing assigned shift tasks
• Some merchandizing knowledge
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Contemporary management style
• Proven ability to motivate others and work in a team environment
• Able to lead by example
• Proactive in problem resolution techniques
• Reorganized the entire stocks and inventory system thereby managing organization of space and time
• Controlled fixed expenditure by bringing down variable costs through strategic means
Jan 2007 – Present
George’s Department Store – Fallon, MO
Store Assistant Manager
• Oversee store operations including merchandizing and inventory
• Manage customer services and administrative aspects of the job
• Monitor sales benchmarks
• Train employees for customer management duties
• Prepare and transmit daily bookkeeping
• Manage daily banking duties
• Assume store manager responsibilities when necessary
• Develop employee work schedules
Dec 2005 – Jan 2007
R&R Security, Colorado Springs, CO
Store Clerk and Stocker – PT
• Greeted customers and guided them appropriately
• Offered exemplary customer service to every customer by meeting their requirements while completing their order
• Maintained cleanliness of equipment
• Stocked, rotated, blocked and maintained merchandise on shelves
CITY COLLEGE, Colorado Springs, CO – 2006
Associate of Science in Retail Management