Lifeguards may work at pools or at the beach depending on their specific job placement.
They are expert swimmers who are expected to provide swimmers with training and safety while swimming.
Let us have a look at the necessary sections of the resume of lifeguard in the example below.
This format will help employers to quickly identify your key skills and accomplishments and consequently, invite you for an interview.
Related: Cover Letter for Lifeguard Resume
A Good Resume for Lifeguard Job
112 Shell Beach Avenue, Cheyenne, WY 88930
(999) 999-9999, Email
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a Lifeguard position at the Cheyenne Beach utilizing expertise in swimming, dedication to provide safety to swimmers and skills in planning aquatic recreational activities.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over five years’ experience working as a Lifeguard for Nirvana Club
• Highly skilled in ensuring safety of individuals using pools and beaches
• Demonstrated ability to inspect swimming area and report any unsafe conditions
• Hands on experience in administering life saving procedures
• In depth knowledge of safety procedures and protocols relevant to swimming and other water sports
• First Aid and CPR Certified
• Thorough knowledge of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques
• Superb leadership, PR and communication skills
• Excellent decision making skills
• Proven ability to provide CPR and First Aid immediately and effectively
• Safeguarded a group of students who were in danger of drowning
• Worked actively as part of the rescue team for the group of kayakers stuck in the undercurrent at Cheyenne Beach
• Trained three groups of junior school students to be expert swimmers as part of their summer vacation activities
Nirvana Club – Cheyenne, WY | Jul 2010 – Present
• Recognize emergencies and respond immediately
• Enforce all policies and procedures pertaining to aquatic facilities
• Inspect facility on a daily basis and report unsafe conditions
• Monitor activities at the facility
• Create activity reports
• Provide swimming lessons
Blue Valley Recreation – Overland Park, KS | May 2007 – Jul 2007
• Observed and organized activities of swimmers
• Enforced applicable pool policies and regulations
• Rescued swimmers in distress
• Provided emergency care
• Took part in work area cleaning and maintenance
• Maintained records, reports, and activity logs
GED | Cheyenne High School, Cheyenne, WY – 2004