The first step in producing an effective lawyer resume is to thoroughly assess your professional abilities, technical skills and personal attributes. Do not undermine the importance of this step in resume building. Take stock of what you have before you begin constructing your resume. The following questions and answers should help you:
What are my major transferrable skills?
Organizational abilities, analytic ability, time management skills, leadership qualities and communication.
What special or field-specific skills do I have?
Bilingual, case preparation, clerical, legal terminology, customer service etc.
What are the important personal attributes that I have which relate to the field of work?
Ability to remain calm under pressure helps in working effectively during high stress circumstances.
What situations and places have I been in where I have exercised the preceding abilities, skills and attributes?
Part time jobs, volunteer positions, internships and research projects.
See also: Cover Letter for Lawyer Resume
589 Bay Street ● Laconia, NH 58922 ● (000) 999-9999 ● rebken @ email . com
❖❖ LAWYER ❖❖
SUMMARY: Passionate legal professional with extensive experience in providing counsel regarding crime, claims and litigation through resolution and participating in and influencing decision-making processes. Particularly effective in handling cases of stubborn nature, or those that have been stuck in pipeline for a long period of time. Committed to providing successful legal support by researching all aspects of cases, grievances and complaints for the purpose of discovery.
• Coordinating research and administrative duties related to trials and assist across different aspects of legal processes
• Drafting interrogatories and creating pleadings, including summons and affidavits
• Identifying, reviewing and negotiating proposed contracts and securing necessary approvals
|• Dispute Settlement||• Evidence Gathering|
|• Laws Interpretation||• Trial Outcome Analysis|
|• Negotiation||• Ownership Establishment|
|• Will Probation||• Litigation Management|
|• Legal Documents Analysis||• Legal Counseling|
|• Case Strategy Development||• Charge Investigation|
• Negotiated a contract in the client’s favor, thereby providing him with the benefit of business worth $5m
• Saved a client from the death penalty by providing “right on time” evidence 5 minutes before the court ruling
• Successfully analyzed a real estate document and proved it fake, saving the client from investing into litigated property
• Efficaciously placed a wanted felon behind bars, who had been evading the law for 14 years
Lawyer | VOLCANO CORPORATION, Laconia, NH (9/2011 to Present)
• Interview clients and witnesses to collect case data and determine the truth
• Establish the firm’s suitability to take up and lead offered cases
• Advise clients on the law and legal issues that are pertinent to their cases
• Negotiate with clients to secure agreed objectives and ensure that they are on the same page as their legal counselor
• Research and analyze documents provided by clients to ensure their authenticity
• Draft documents and contracts according to each client’s individual needs
• Act on behalf of clients in disputes and disagreements
• Perform research activities to determine case precedents and create appropriate cases to be presented in front of the judge
• Present cases to juries and judges and indulge in discussion / debate to ensure that the client’s point of view is accepted
• Probate wills and provide advice to executors and administrators of estates
Paralegal | ZINDA & DAVIS, Laconia, NH (1/2008 to 9/2011)
• Engaged clients and witnesses in conversation to determine their needs for legal counsel
• Decided if the firm is able to take up the offered case by conferring with lawyer unit
• Provided information to clients regarding the type of services that the firm is equipped to provide
• Handled research work such as collecting information from precedents and interviewing witnesses for information
• Drafted correspondence including letters and contracts and ensured that they are sent to intended recipients in a time-efficient manner
NEW HAMPSHIRE LAW COLLEGE, Laconia, NH – 2007
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
635 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, NV 66665
(009) 999-9999, Email
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Lawyer position at the Justice Served utilizing exceptional skills in managing both criminal and civil law cases with a profound ability to provide prudent and workable advice to clients.
• 3 years’ dedicated service in law profession
• Highly skilled in negotiating out of in and out of court cases
• Hands on experience in settling disputes and supervising settlements
• Functional knowledge of analyzing legal documents and conducting research work
• Demonstrated ability to research legal precedents and gather evidence
Feb 2014 – Present
Brooke Attorneys – Las Vegas, NV
• Attend court hearings
• Draw up legal documentation
• Negotiate out of court settlements
• Provide generalized and specialized legal advice
• Settle disputes
• Gather evidence and research cases
• Supervise and train legal assistants
• Created a precedence file regarding a case without any precedents and had it approved from the major authority for publication
• Wrote a paper on legal decisions regarding divorce matters in the USA which was published in the Core Legal magazine in 2015
Mar 2012 – Feb 2014
Schmidt Law Office Ltd. – Waseca, MN
• Scheduled appointments
• Prepared legal files
• Provided secretarial support
• Drafted correspondence, reports, memoranda and other legal documents
• Proofread and edited work for phrasing
• Developed and maintained client files
LLB – NV State Law School – 2006
• Exceptional grasp of legal language
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Profound knowledge of laws and regulations governing Nevada state
• Able to effectively manage a team of legal assistants