A railroad laborer or worker is responsible for maintenance of the track and infrastructure, monitoring and repairing of the railroad track using power and hand tools when necessary. The position is quite demanding yet interesting.
If you are thinking to build a winning resume for a railroad laborer position, you should see some sample resumes and resume writing tips. An ideal resume for railroad worker position must convey a deep sense of responsibility in addition to the required skills. It is recommended to start your resume with a profile or summary and then shift the focus on your relevant skills and qualifications. If you have attained any specific certification, make sure you mention that in your resume even if it is not required by the target employer.
See also: Railroad Laborer Cover Letter
873 Colman Avenue | Kingman, KS 87540 | (005) 333-2010 | peter @ email . com
SUMMARY: Seasoned railroad worker with 7-year experience in performing track maintenance, joint attachments and other track maintenance tasks timely and efficiently. Thorough understanding of rail safety regulations and protocols. Demonstrated ability to inspect track and maintain lever and keep record of repairs needed and done. A meticulous worker who has great attention to detail. Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
Railroad Laborer | Emrose Railways, Kingman, KS | 07/2011 – Present
• Inspect rail machinery on daily basis and secure attachment points
• Repair and replace damaged track switches and components
• Overhaul rail road crossings and adjust bolts on joints as needed
• Ensure safety of all equipments and conduct regular maintenance checks
• Attained employee of the month award thrice in two years
• Trained 8 new workers in railroad track maintenance
Railroad Worker | Watco Company, Kingman, KS | 02/2009 – 06/2011
• Operated control attachments in a secure manner
• Conducted track repairs where needed
• Kept record of all repairs done
• Ensured track clearance in the assigned section
Certificate III in Transport and Logistics (Railroad) | Kingman, KS | 2009
High School Diploma | State High school, Kingman, KS | 2008
• Current driver’s License
• Ability to lift load up-to 100 lbs
• Able to follow verbal instructions