Candidates seeking an entry level position in Phlebotomy arena need to start their resumes with an objective statement. Since the a summary is difficult to write due to lack of experience in case of first timers and fresh graduates – an objective statement is a must for entry level resumes.
As career objective is the foremost section of the resume therefore it should be highly relevant, focused and engaging so as to convince the reader to keep reading. An objective statement typically states the position being sought in addition to one or more core competencies, along with the intention of using the relevant skills in favor of the hiring organization
Following are some sample statements of objective for entry level phlebotomy positions.
Employers usually prefer very brief and to the point career objectives. It is a very good idea to state your objective in a compact form and mention only two or three of your relevant skills.
• Seeking work as a Phlebotomist at XYZ labs. Offering skills and expertise in sample collection, blood analysis and reports preparation.
• Looking for a position as a Phlebotomist with an organization where strong knowledge and expertise in blood sampling and analyzing can be fully utilized.
Another way to write an objective statement is to demonstrate passion for the position. This method is effective for entry level candidates having no experience:
• To become a contributing part of the committed team of professionals at XYZ labs. Bringing capabilities in blood specimens processing, bleeding time procedures and analysis of samples for micro growth and composition in capacity of a phlebotomist.
• To secure a position as a phlebotomist where skills and knowledge of blood testing, centrifugation techniques and specimen liquating can come in handy for smooth and effective lab reporting.
• To work for XYZ Labs as a Phlebotomist. Bringing competencies of sample collection, test running and reporting, in alignment with the federally approved lab test practices.
If you feel you have enough skills to flaunt for a summary but do not want to take the chance, you can suit your purpose by forming an objective statement that sounds more like a profile and less like an objective.
• Certified phlebotomist looking for a challenging job with ABC Labs. Skilled in specimen analysis and lab reporting, and extensive knowledge of chemical analysis, to contribute to the efficiency of the laboratory.