An ideal resume for a Medical Laboratory Technician position must be a single page document, very brief, to the point, job relevant and easy to read. To make it more appealing, it’s best practice to begin with some of your core competencies either in just plain bullets or in form of a profile/summary.
You should divide your resume into different sections and avoid any long paragraphs. Try to highlight your achievements objectively and in form of short, well structured sentences. The professional experiences must be listed in a reverse chronological order, starting from latest job.
Following is an example of a resume for medical laboratory technician job.
See also: MLT Cover Letter
623 W 122nd Ave ❂ Westminster, CO 87665
Home: (000) 567-1234 ❂ Cell: 405-677-8777 ❂ Email: mason.albert @ email . com
PROFILE: Extremely motivated and well qualified medical lab technician with 3+ years’ solid experience in diverse lab settings. Well versed in drawing samples that require minor incisions and conducting chemical analysis. Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a busy lab in an organized manner. Registered as a Medical Laboratory Technician with the ASCP. Specialized courses in hematology and blood bank.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Skilled in medical lab technician tasks including sample collection, analysis and lab report production
• Well versed in laboratory software and digital reporting
• Knowledgeable of state approved medical lab policies, hygiene requirements and general/standard procedures
• Track record of collaborating with pathologists and physicians regarding test results and analytical patterns in blood reporting
|MEDICAL LAB EXPERTISE|
|• Hematology||• Sample collection||• Blood Transfusion|
|• Medi-tech Software||• Digital Chemical reporting||• Urinalyses|
• Attuned and standardized all laboratory equipment at a new outlet of medical laboratory, ensuring set-up of separate work stations for microscopic studies, blood work, chemical analysis and bacterial studies
• Trained 20 plus employees in Medi-tech and digital report processing systems to improve over-all productivity of the lab
• Centralized and integrated the medical reports system and enhanced report retrieval efficiency by 50%
Allegheny Valley Hospital, Westminster, CO | 2011 – Present
Medical Lab Technician
• Analyze various samples that come in for chemical testing and generate the relevant reports
• Supervise over-all quality control in the medical lab ensuring sample collection in properly sterilized containers and maintain analysis instruments functional and up to date
• Post and record full day’s record in the medical lab software before closing up each evening
• Implement and maintain standard medical lab policy guidelines in the lab
South Region Medical Centre, Westminster, CO | summer 2010
Medical Lab Intern
• Performed automated routine and special blood tests
• Drew samples from patients personally when needed
• Issued timely and accurate reports based on analysis
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
Medical Lab Technician Certificate| Intellitec Medical Institute, Westminster, CO | 2010
Associate Degree in ASCP | Metropolitan State University, Denver, CO | 2009
CLT (Certified Lab Technician, 2010) CO