A kitchen assistant is responsible for helping culinary staff in all tasks in the kitchen, serving guests when needed and taking food carts to various dining locations as per instructions.
Kitchen assistance is an interesting job especially if you have a passion for culinary and food. It is promising in a sense that one gets to learn a lot and there are many growth opportunities if the person seriously pursues a profession in cooking or catering.
An ideal resume for kitchen assistant position must demonstrate the ability to carry out all kinds of kitchen support tasks in a timely manner.
Kitchen Assistant Resume Sample
|Kate Ruth|| 896 Yale’s Lane, Natick, MA 87443
(005) 666-8888, kate @ email . com
Highly dependable and energetic kitchen assistant seeking work in the same capacity. Offering 4+ years of hands on experience in kitchen and dining support, customer dealing, table setting, dinner prepping and maintenance of stock inventory.
• Fully aware of health and sanitary standards and policies issues
• Practiced in assisting the chef in preps, snack preparation, sandwich making and the like
• Demonstrated ability to perform all kinds of waiting tasks including table setting, table clearing and drinks serving
• Effective skills in transporting eatable items carefully to the dinning locations
✔ Contributed in developing the recipe of a special sauce that became the diner’s signature two weeks after its launch
✔ Development new recipes and restocked the pantry effectively
✔ Accelerated the process of washing and cleaning procedures of equipment and utensils
✔ Cautiously handled food carts which decreased loss by 50%
✔ Perfectly divides recipe ingredients quantity to suit amount of order
✔ Maintained knowledge of standard procedures regarding frosting, re heating and chilling food items
✔ Received employee of the month award twice in 2013
Kitchen Assistant | Hugo’s Diner, Natick, MA | June 2009 – Present
• Assist the chef in recipe preparation
• Follow given recipe to book to recreate various dishes
• Maintain the working area in a neat and clean condition
• Serve food and beverages to clients as ordered
• Clean up and set tables after guests leave
• Chop and mix salads as instructed
• Maintain the stock register and keep the pantry fully stocked at all times
• Cater for special dietary requirements in standard recipes as requested by the guests
GED | City School, Natick, MA | 2009
• Customer service oriented attitude
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions accurately
• Willing to take any on the job trainings required
• Valid driver’s license holder