Applying for a records keeping position? Well, you might consider including a cover letter in your job application. All employers these days expect a cover letter with job applications even if they have not demanded one.
Organization is the key to success in any records keeping position, therefore your cover letter must communicate an orientation towards categorization and orderliness. In order to make your cover letter appealing for the target employer, format it effectively via showcasing the specific expertise demanded in the job advertisement. Objective based cover letter formats using tables and headings are very popular these days.
Sample Cover Letter for Records Keeper Resume
90 Joy Lane, Columbus, OH 85443 | Cellular: (002) 555-7777 | Home: (005) 666-7777
natalie . davison @ email . com
January 30th, 2014
Mr. James Edward, Director
55 Yorker Towers
Columbus, OH 85443
Dear Mr. Edward:
It is with deep interest and enthusiasm that I apply for the position as a records keeper with Hailey Enterprises. It has long been my dream to work with a top class organization such as yours and utilize my records management expertise and skills in electronic data entry fruitfully for the company and its various clients as required.
In capacity of a records keeper, I offer Hailey enterprises 5+ years of experience in the field, along with the following expertise:
• Electronic data Entry and record retrieval: Particularly effective in managing client’s electronic record and retrieving the same as and when needed
• File Maintenance: Matchless expertise in maintaining individual case files and referrals
• Clerical Expertise: Very fast typing speed with ability to organize data categorically in an easily retrievable manner
• Knowledge of Computers: Advance level skills in MS office suite, internet, e-mail and web searches
• Understanding of client confidentiality: A responsible attitude towards client confidentiality coupled with in-depth awareness regarding the delicate nature of confidentiality issue
• Expertise in calculating service charges and generating bills accordingly: Demonstrated ability to sum up service charges and process financial claims effectively
On viewing my attached resume, you will discover that my skills render me a perfect candidate for the position. I work more productively if I know the demands and expectations of my employer better, in light of which, may I suggest an interview meeting with you? I shall call in at your office by next week to schedule an interview meeting, to enable and facilitate a useful exchange of ideas regarding the position and associated responsibilities.
Thank you for your time.