Janitors work in a variety of settings such as schools, hospitals, office buildings and private and government sector organizations. Their major task is to ensure that the assigned building and work area is kept in a clean and orderly condition. They perform general sanitation duties such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and removing rubbish. They may also tend furnaces and boilers and perform other general routine maintenance task.
They may be required to go through janitorial training which may include previous experience and/or specific training regimes. Training is important in this field primarily because of the need to mix chemicals safely and to use tools properly.
If you are looking for a position as a janitor, you may need to write an effective resume and provide information about your specific skills in your resume. While the skills section must consist of a list of proficiencies that you possess, the most important is the resume objective which depicts core skills too.
Here are the best examples of objective statements for a janitorial resume which will work wonderfully for your resume:
• Proactive and energetic cleaning professional looking for a position as a Janitor with Embassy Suites Hotels where strong skills in cleaning and maintenance will be utilized to ensure high sanitation standards.
• Seeking a position of Janitor with Nashville High School making the most of 5+ years’ cleaning experience to ensure hygienic and sanitation conditions within an academic setting.
• To work for Amway Inc as a Janitor. Offers extensive knowledge of cleaning equipment and chemicals mixing, while keeping safety hazards in consideration.
• Desire a position as a Janitor at Delta Associates. Eager to provide the company with exceptional cleaning and housekeeping solutions using detail orientation and janitorial experience in a multinational level.
• Looking for a position as a Janitor for Keiser Hospital. Bringing 8+ years’ track record of success in operating power tools, cleaning equipment and the safety precautions. Committed to attain the cleaning goals of company in a fast-paced environment.