Resume writing for a technical position especially one pertaining to the IT industry can be tricky. Although a technical resume is pretty much like a simple chronological resume, however the key technical skills and expertise need to be highlighted on the beginning. One key to creating a winning technical resume is to showcase all the expertise using hi tech terms, however usage of too much technology jargon is also not advisable since the hiring person might be non technical; so a balanced used of tech-terms must be made.
Following is a perfect resume example for the position of an SQL database developer.
SQL Database Developer Resume Sample
778 Cincinnati Dayton Road, West Chester OH 45069
Residence: (008) 333-2222, Cellular: (252) 000-9999
Highly energetic and self-motivated professional with great analytical skills and 11+ years’ experience in database design, development and maintenance on SQL Server. Self motivated and tech savvy team player with a passion for technology accompanied by special interest and expertise in relational and advanced databases.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
Servers and Database: T-SQL, Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, SSRS, BIDS, Web sphere, Microsoft Net, Windows, Linux, Mac OS
Networks: VPN, LAN/WAN, Load Balancing, Firewalling, Routing, Database management with RDBMS
Computer Languages: C++, Java, HTML, Visual Basic.Net, ASP.NET, PHP
Operating Systems: Windows and Linux
• Proven capability to maintain, trouble shoot and reset SQL Database while keeping backup
• Thorough understanding of software life cycles, security strategies and restoring methodology
• Demonstrated ability of application development as per requirements of the system
• Immaculate spoken and written communication skills
• Excellent ability to work independently as well as in a team
Solutions Network, West Chester, OH | Aug 2008- Present
• Maintain, update and monitor the existing database on daily basis.
• Supervise .NET applications, dashboards and reports via SQL database.
• Design and develop solutions regarding ETL through extensive usage of SSIS.
• Generate SQL server reports against RDBMS.
• Build up applications in SQL server using TFS and VISIO.
• Troubleshoot all kinds of software/database related issues.
• Assist in data compilation, consolidation and oracle conversion tasks when needed.
• Work with clients to integrate third party data into existing database.
• Document and showcase all database features, linkage charts and system specs.
• Produce SQL needed indices for data analysis purposes.
Junior SQL Database Developer
Montgomery Enterprises, Dayton, OH | Oct 2005- July 2008
• Analyzed SQL server environment for quality checks.
• Used SQL to connect database with other oracle versions.
• Conducted data migrations from third party databases to create consolidated database system.
• Developed.NET applications utilizing SQL database system as per company requirement.
• Coordinated with the management to discuss business needs and designed database solutions accordingly.
BS in Computer Sciences (2005)
Ohio State University, West Chester, OH