Whether you have just finished your education and entering the practical world for the first time or you are changing your career, it is important to write a compelling resume for IT Support Technician position. Writing a valuable resume is the first step to finding an entry-level IT Support Technician position.
When applying for a job with no relevant experience in hand, create a resume that give emphasis to your education and transferable skills, rather than employment history.
8 Willow Avenue – Takoma Park, MD 66666
Cell: (555) 555-5555, Email:
OBJECTIVE: Looking for an IT Support Technician position with Atech utilizing skills in IT field in order to contribute to the company’s success.
BS in Computer Science – GPA 3.54 / 4.00
Maryland State University – 2011
• Good understanding of deployment procedures of desktops, servers and other related equipment
• Demonstrated experience of troubleshooting hardware and software problems
• Good understanding of setting up computer equipment and operating systems
• Proficient in reading, understanding and applying techniques from manuals
• Prudent understanding of electronic news room systems, traffic and on air automation systems and HD productions systems
• Hands-on experience in ticket resolution techniques and personal limitations
• In-depth knowledge of smart phones and ability to deploy hardware for the same
• Strong computer analytic skills
• Proficient in Windows XP and Windows 7
• Extremely proficient in Windows 2003 networks and server environments
• Thorough understanding of Active Directory
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task
• Worked as a volunteer at the IT Conference held in Seattle to promote embedded system projects
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• President of the school IT club
• Member of the school football and baseball teams
• Performed TA and computer lab assistant duties