A cover letter must always accompany your resume for any position you intend to apply at. For an entry level position, a cover letter is even more important. Since entry level resumes do not have much experience to flaunt, the entry level cover letter becomes the only source of conveying your true potential to the prospective employer.
Even if you can’t showcase prior experience, you can still highlight your expertise and competencies in your cover letter. It’s better to opt for an objective cover letter format since it enables usage of bullets and headlines.
Following is one entry level IT Help desk cover letter for the assistance of candidates who have no experience.
77 Fiedler Ave, Irving, TX 47656
Cellular: (004) 666-8889 | Res: (002) 444-1111 | Email: dave. Martin @ email . com
April 7, 2016
Ms. Kelly Rover
97 Bell Bush Lane
Irving, TX 47656
Dear Ms. Rover:
As a self-driven and highly motivated IT graduate, I offer exceptional skills in IT assistance, helpdesk handling, software troubleshooting and network management.
Following is a brief overview of my proficiencies in relation to your job description:
• Skilled in software troubleshooting specially in MS office suite, java and flash based programs.
• Competent at installation and troubleshooting of independent and shared LANs, Wi-Fis and DSLs.
• Proficient in scanning and debugging systems through effective firewall management and installation of modern anti-viruses/malwares
• Special talent for maintaining Laptops and desktops, installing windows, Mac and other operating systems.
• Possess expertise in computer formatting and hard disk configurations needed from time to time.
• Adept at data retrieval in cases of sudden crash downs or unexpected power failures. Familiar with back up keeping techniques and strategies to recover apparently lost data.
• Thorough understanding of confidentiality policies associated with helpdesk job.
Keeping in view the incredible match among my competencies and your needs, I am confident that I am the ideal candidate. I will call your office after few days to pursue this application and possibly to secure an interview date and time. In the interim, should you require any documents or information, please contact me at (004) 666-8889.