Entry level resumes for help desk positions are a bit more difficult to build as compared to resumes for experienced persons. An entry level candidate might not have much experience to impress the hiring manager.
The solution to this situation is to make most of the skills you have! A functional or skills based format is just what you need in such a situation. If you are a new graduate, it is recommended to begin your resume with an employer focused objective statement instead of a summary.
Following is a sample entry level help desk resume for a candidate who have no experience in hand.
55 Drawbridge Sq, Tampa, FL 98774| Cell: (003) 444-666 | Res: (009)333-7777
tim.gary @ email . com
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Resourceful and diligent IT graduate seeking work as a Help Desk Assistant at the MGT. Offering skills in technical support, software troubleshooting and installation along with three months hands on experience as an intern help desk person. Keen eye on latest developments in technology and up to date with the current software to assist end users efficiently.
BS in Information Technology
Central state University, Tampa, FL | 2015
• Dean’s List – 2014
• Designed and developed a whole new, fully functional photo editing android application corresponding to a PC software labeled ‘Picasa’ as part of research project during BS
• Languages: C++, Java, HTML, XML
• Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Macintosh, Linux
• Networking: WAN, LAN, IP, VPN
• Software/Antivirus: MS office Suite, Norton antivirus and malware, Adobe Photoshop, Flash Player and accessories
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in software installation and functioning
• Skilled in setting up local and third party networks, installing new internet WIFI, Ethernet and DSL connections
• Proficient in installation of relevant software when installing a new hardware device
• Well versed in setting up multimedia screen and equipment for enlarged display and presentations
• Familiar with android tablets, developing, downloading and managing applications for the same
• Competent at handling firewall and malware issues
• Proficient in formatting PCs and retrieving accidentally deleted data from the system when needed
Help Desk Intern | Avaya Technologies, Tampa, FL | Summer 2015
• Set up a mini LAN and managed wiring, device placements and installations singlehandedly
• Troubleshooted serious problems in six PCs
• Installed anti malwares
• Assisted in retrieval of valuable data
EXCELLENT REFERENCES available