With job openings in both private and public capacities, investigators are hired to provide clients with information regarding a certain event. This job is usually done under cover but some investigators also work in the public.
An investigator will gather facts about a certain event and then develop several relationships or use current ones to obtain information regarding the event. The object of their work is to provide closure to a case by putting forward accurate information that led to the circumstances of an unpleasant event.
The following is a resume for the position of an entry level investigator that you may use when have no prior experience. This format focuses on skills rather than experiences.
Entry Level Investigator Resume Sample – No Experience
3039 Ridge Avenue, Steelville, IL 29202
(999) 947-9999, Email
CAREER FOCUS: Criminal Investigation
PROFILE AND SKILLS
A well focused individual with strong attention to detail and ability to analyze complicated information in order to bring results. Dedicated to provide services akin to criminal investigation by employing knowledge derived from 720 hours of crime scene process training. Possess in depth knowledge of criminal department policies and pertinent case laws and forensics practice with some exposure to real time on-the-scene crime investigations.
– International Association of Identification
– Crime Scene Certification Board
Bachelors in Criminal Psychology – Steelville University – 2011
OTHER RELATED SKILLS
– Ability to assume a high degree of accountability
– Understanding of preparing investigative reports and other documents for cases that reach court
– Knowledge of serving subpoenas
– Excellent ability to develop relationships with witnesses, victims and other key players in a crime investigation
– Exceptional eye for analyzing charges, complaints and law violations
– Working knowledge of maintaining composure while on duty
– Conversant with making swift decisions