The purpose of a Software Intern position is to help you get hands-on experience to compliment your academic experience in a software engineering or development field.
An resume for internship positions facilitates the employer to know about your present level of expertise and skill developed through your education and relevant projects. Focus on software development and technological skills, as well as your educational background and communication skills you will be able to relate in an internship setting.
The following sample will give you a clear idea how to write a winning resume for a software internship position.
Software Intern Resume Sample
31 Example Street ♦ New York, NY 69877
[Contact #] ♦ [Email Address]
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Software Engineering Intern with Innovation LLC utilizing software engineering skills, abilities and experiences gained through relevant education and projects to contribute to the ongoing success of company.
• Operating Systems: Linux, windows and AIX operating systems
• Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, C# and VB.NET
• Databases: Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server
• Mobile Development: iOS, Android
The City College of New York ▶ New York, NY
Pursuing BS Degree in Software Engineering
Software Engineering Intern | Crowdtap ▶ New York, NY | Summer 2013
• Learned different technologies by pairing with experienced engineers
• Designed, built and tested the core components of the platform
• Investigated solutions to platform requirements
• Designed and developed solutions for top customer issue
• Assisted in tools creation to improve supportability
[Give details of your relevant projects here]
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Able to thinking outside the box to get things done
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong desire and aptitude to learn new technologies