A Sales Intern position provides useful sales experience and facilitates to get the students / new graduates ready for a specialized Sales profession. Internship is an outstanding method for sales and HR department of any company to evaluate individual’s talent for upcoming entry-level Sales opportunities.
Sales Intern works under the direct supervision of the Sales Department of company. S/he, Sales assists with various sales tasks and will add to the completion of employer’s projects and initiatives. During internship, s/he will gain hands on experience by participating in sales and marketing activities and projects that lead to improved output, customer contentment and sales support.
Companies want to see the following qualities in a sales intern:
• A team player
• Strong fitness for sales and attention-to-detail
• Good knowledge of Windows, MS Word and Excel
Sales Intern Resume Writing Tips
In order to get an internship in sales profession, you need a well written resume along with an attractive cover letter. Your resume must show your enthusiasm and dedication to a career in sales and marketing, and willingness to contribute to employer’s future success.
The following example will assist you when making your job application package for sales internship.
Sales Intern Resume Sample
44 Example Avenue ● McLean, VA 01258 ● [Contact #] ● [Email Address]
To obtain a Sales Intern position in the Xerox utilizing brilliant educational record and exceptional knowledge of sales principles to improve company’s sales projects and operations.
• Excellent leadership and project management skills
• In-depth knowledge of preparation of customer presentations
• Able to research relevant news and information on customers and market
• Demonstrated ability to assist the Marketing and Sales team with customer outreach efforts
• Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps
• Enrolled in Bachelor’s of Business Administratio | McLean University, McLean, VA
• High School Diploma – 2011
Sales Intern | Cvent – McLean, VA | May 2011 – Dec 2011
• Worked closely with sales team and assisted with planning, goal setting and achieving activity goals
• Developed expertise in customer service and satisfaction, collecting and distilling data, and assisting with product and business strategies
• Prepared sales proposals, data analysis, and participated in customer-focused events
Babysitter – Some Company, McLean, VA | Summer 2011
• Developed strong communication and organization skills
Grocery Clerk – ABC Grocery Store, McLean, VA | May 2010 – Dec 2010
• Attained strong expertise in customer service and sales
• Self motivated and problem solver
• Flexible, accountable and can efficiently handle multiple tasks at one time
• Excellent secretarial and time-management skills