Essentially, HR assistants are expected to provide the department with administrative support by managing employee records, reviewing resumes and assisting in the recruiting process. They may also be expected to keep track of employee benefits, wages and tax information and prepare newly hired employees for orientation.
Individuals wishing to apply as entry level HR assistants need to ensure that they possess a business degree preferably in Human Resource Management. When you are writing a resume for this position, you will need to ensure that your skills in managing records and interviewing candidates are clearly mentioned in the resume.
If you feel that you are ready to work as an HR assistant, you should skim through the resume sample below which is written specifically for entry level candidates.
3087 Tungsten Circle, Trumbull, CT 55555 | Cellular: (002) 999-9999 | Email:
PROFILE: Outgoing communicator with a brilliant educational background in Human Resources Management. Exceptional ability to handle HR work in a professional manner. Thorough understanding of the importance of external and internal communication protocols. Proficient in comprehending and analyzing information derived from human resource documents. Profound ability to oversee recruitment efforts and ensure employee retention.
Connecticut State University – Trumbull, CT
Master’s in Business Administration – 2013
Majors: Human Resources Management
• Extensive knowledge of advanced HR Principles
• Ability to negotiate with candidates
• Thorough understanding of developing and implementing HR policies and procedures
• Experience in using popular HR software
• Lateral thinker with ability to manage solutions for complex problems
• “Can do” attitude
|● Interviews/Selection Process||● Payroll Administration|
|● Insurance and Benefits||● Training|
|● Recruitment||● Disciplinary Procedure/Terminations|
|● Resume Scrutiny||● Contract Witting|
Safway Services, LLC – Trumbull, CT Summer 2012
Human Resources Intern
• Maintained and updated employee files and training records
• Processed newly recruited and terminated employee files
• Assisted interviewing committee
• Made placement suggestions
• Compiled insurance information for staff
• Top five of the Dean’s List in 2009, 2010 and 2012
• President of the university Water Conservation Club