A school housekeeper or more commonly known as a school custodian looks after the cleanliness needs of a school. He is expected to clean and mop floors, vacuum surfaces and dust surfaces as instructed.
A school housekeeper is also responsible for replenishing supplies in restrooms, cleaning class rooms and premises, gathering and emptying trash and moving heavy furniture from one place to another. Like all other custodians, a school housekeeper is expected to operate cleaning equipment and tools in order to perform their duties. They also need to stay vigilant at all times in order to ensure that any unsavory activity on the school premises is reported to the appropriate authorities.
If you are looking for a job in this regard, working in a school will interest you. The following is a resume sample for this position which you can customize as per your own specifications.
738 Park View ❖ Hawthorne, NJ 73000 ❖ (999) 999-9599 ❖ Email
SUMMARY: Friendly and methodical Housekeeper with 6 years of progressive experience in managing sanitation and maintenance tasks in academic settings. Highly skilled in performing cleaning and sanitizing duties in and around the school premises. Effectively cleans and sanitizes lobbies, rooms, toilets and showers by following defined procedures. Conversant with the use of chemicals used in cleaning practices. A detail-oriented professional who cautiously uses and maintains cleaning equipment.
• Excellent physical dexterity
• Proven ability to follow instructions
• Exceptional oral comprehension skills
• Strong work ethics
• Acted as an active member of the team that headed a clean drive performed for the Earth Day in 2010
• Wrote a booklet on the safe use of hazardous chemicals especially around children
Nashville High School – Hawthorne, NJ | August 2009 – Present
• Perform vacuuming and dusting activities on various surfaces and upholstery
• Mop floors with hand mops and use buffing machines on marble and other hard surface flooring
• Dust furniture, counters and doors and windows
• Clean restrooms and replenish supplies
• Empty waste bins and put them in recycler
• Report defects to the maintenance department
Peterson High School – Hawthorne, NJ | January 2006 – July 2009
• Managed cleaning and sanitation tasks
• Mopped floors and dusted furniture
• Moved furniture when requested
• Cleaned washrooms and bodily fluids as and when required
• Managed supply stocks and equipment
High School Diploma | Hawthorne High School, Hawthorne, NJ | 2005