A housekeeping job could be rewarding on various levels. If you take pleasure in keeping yourself busy and active and making people contented, this could be a good occupation for you.
Housekeeping Job Overview
The duties of a housekeeper are parallel in private households and in hotels. If you are submitting an application for a housekeeping position; coordinating, cleaning, supervising and record keeping are four main areas to concentrate on your resume. If possible, include accomplishments, not just a list of duties, under every past job you include.
Housekeeping Resume / CV Tips
To get a position as a housekeeper, a professional, thorough CV can give you with the chance stand out amongst the crowd of other candidates. Highlighting your qualifications, experience and education are key in presenting yourself in the best way to a potential employer.
It is a good idea to include a targeted objective statement, which outlines your goals and expectations. Your CV should list your major qualifications for this job, work history and education. If you have received any particular training if housekeeping it must also be included in your resume. Correct grammar and spelling are vital; to make your resume error free, you may get help from any acquaintance to review your CV for errors before sending it to a prospective employer.
While writing a Housekeeping CV, always try to create a professional layout. You may utilize different resources on our website such as this housekeeping cover letter, as well as a housekeeper resume sample which can provide you with the opportunity to make the best job application.
Housekeeping CV / Resume Sample
322 Park Lane, London, UK 6S6 2DE
Contact #, Email Address
Seeking a challenging and rewarding position as a housekeeper with ABC Company utilizing ability to maintain the client’s standards in cleanliness and deliver exceptional services as directed by the supervisor.
Key Qualifications (See Complete Skills and Qualifications of Housekeeper)
• Over 6 months’ experience as a housekeeper
• Highly skilled in operating a variety of automatic cleaning equipment; vacuums, polishers and buffers
• In-depth knowledge of the advanced methods and products used in cleaning
• Proven record of planning work schedule for major tasks
• Able to coordinate events in homes or in hotels
• Thorough understanding of safety precautions in all housekeeping services
• Able to work in damp, dusty and dirty areas
Holiday Inn, London | June 2011 – Jan 2012
• Maintained facility in a clean and infection-free condition
• Disposed of trash, waste, and other material
• Dusted furniture, fixtures, window sills, etc.
• Cleaned wash basins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers
• Reported any needed repairs instantly to supervisor
• Emptied trash containers
• Moped floors in all residents’ rooms and bathrooms daily
ABC College London – 2009
Diploma in Hospitality
Additional Skills and Abilities
• Solid communication and time management skills
• Flexible, with a positive attitude and willingness to collaborate with others
• Ability to perform physically demanding work
• MS Word and Excel