A housekeeping job could be rewarding on various levels. If you take pleasure in keeping yourself busy and active and making people contented, this could be a good occupation for you.
Housekeeping Job Overview
The duties of a housekeeper are parallel in private households and in hotels. If you are submitting an application for a housekeeping position; coordinating, cleaning, supervising and record keeping are four main areas to concentrate on your resume. If possible, include your accomplishments rather than just giving a list of duties.
Housekeeping Resume / CV Tips
To get a position as a housekeeper, a professional, thorough CV can give you with the chance stand out amongst the crowd of other candidates. Highlighting your qualifications, experience and education are key in presenting yourself in the best way to a potential employer.
It is a good idea to include a targeted objective statement, which outlines your goals and expectations. Your CV should list your major qualifications for this job, work history and education. If you have received any particular training if housekeeping it must also be included in your resume. Correct grammar and spelling are vital; to make your resume error free, you may get help from any acquaintance to review your CV for errors before sending it to a prospective employer.
Choose a professional layout and format to make a resume for housekeeping positions. You may utilize different resources on our website such as this housekeeping cover letter, as well as this housekeeper resume sample which can provide you with the opportunity to make the best job application.
322 Park Lane | Houston, TX 52141 | Contact # | Email Address
Objective: Seeking a challenging and rewarding position as a housekeeper with ABC Company utilizing ability to maintain the client’s standards of cleanliness and deliver exceptional services as directed by the supervisor.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS (See Skills and Qualifications of Housekeeper)
• Over 4 years’ experience in housekeeping capacities
• Highly skilled in operating a variety of automatic cleaning equipment, vacuums, polishers and buffers
• In-depth knowledge of the advanced methods and products used in cleaning
• Proven record of planning work schedule for major tasks
• Able to read and take directions
• Thorough understanding of safety precautions in all housekeeping services
• Able to work in damp, dusty and dirty areas
PROFESSIONAL HOUSEKEEPING EXPERIENCE
Housekeeper | BUCKNER VILLAS – Austin, TX | 2013 – Present
Performed housekeeping, maintenance, and custodial tasks under the command of maintenance supervisor.
• Clean and service assigned areas – maintain 100% cleanliness standards
• Take special care of cleaning equipment
• Reduce operations costs $50000 by efficient expenditures of supplies
• Dust and move furniture cautiously
• Maintain sanitation standards by emptying trash baskets and removing trash
• Plunge blocked sinks, commodes and drains
Housekeeping Maid | HOLIDAY INN, AUstin, TX| 2011 – 2013
• Maintained facility in a clean and infection-free condition
• Disposed of trash, waste, and other material
• Dusted furniture, fixtures, window sills, etc.
• Cleaned wash basins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers
• Reported any needed repairs instantly to supervisor
• Emptied trash containers
• Moped floors in all residents’ rooms and bathrooms daily
ABC COLLEGE, Houston, TX – 2009
Associate’s Degree in Hospitality
• Solid communication and time management skills
• Flexible, with a positive attitude and willingness to collaborate with others
• Ability to perform physically demanding work
• Computer: MS Word and Excel