An resume for Hotel Manager position highlights your qualifications, achievements, potential and competencies. Any additional strength like computer or language proficiency must also be mentioned in your resume.
Hotel Manager Resume Tips
❖ You need to be honest with the employer. Give them correct and up-to-date information. Simply mention the verifiable facts of your accomplishments and experiences.
❖ Present your expertise in a professional manner, use simple language and talk about your past job descriptions. Show them how you can be of advantage to them.
❖ If you have any additional qualities or abilities, do mention them. It can be your competency in other languages or it can be any certification or knowledge of special software and the like.
4th Adam street • Chicago, CH 44455 • (002) 999-2222 • andrew @ email . com
Leadership through motivation and empowerment.
Experienced hotel management professional with a proven record of managing hotel operations and staff. Well versed in custodial staff management, client complains handling and budgetary monitoring. Particularly adept at keeping track of advance bookings and ensuring implementation of defined check-in and check-out protocols as per hotel guest policy.
|• Banquet arrangements||• Housekeeping||• Employee training|
|• Cash handling||• Customer service||• Event/catering management|
|• Complaint management||• Bilingual: English/French||• Expenditure control|
|• Inventory maintenance||• Vendor dealing||• Computer proficiency|
• Demonstrated high rated hospitality and customer service skills resulting in an increase of hotel intake by 30% in one year
• Facilitated the administration in upgrading process of hospitality services and contributed massively in raising the rating from three to five star level consistently over a period of 2 years
• Achieved ‘Best Employee of the year’ award in 2013 from Serena Hotel, Chicago.
Serena Hotel, Chicago, IL
Hotel Manager | 3/2013 to Present
• Maintain inventory and manage credit cards payment and cash drawers
• Greet guests, note down and communicate special requirements and handle their complaints
• Arrange events and cater banquets
• Manage and supervise housekeeping and custodial staff
Marriott International, Chicago, CH
Assistant Manager | 3/2010 to 2/2013
• Facilitated the manager in special events organization and catering
• Developed and displayed weekly duty schedules for domestic staff
• Ensured that unknown personnel do not hang around in lobby area and kept security check
Illinois State University, Chicago, IL | 2010
Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management
234 Gannon Avenue ● Saint Louis, MO 24331● (029) 900-9109 ● Email
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Hotel Manager with Sayville Suites. Offering exceptional hospitality and administrative skills to meet and exceed customer satisfaction.
• Over 6 years of extensive management experience in hospitality setting
• Highly skilled in accomplishing hotel human resource objectives
• In depth knowledge of coordinating activities of all departments to ensure customer satisfaction
• Hands on experience in functioning as the strategic business leader of operations
• Devised and implemented emergency exit drills in order to cope with emergencies
• Set up hotel functions and departments from scratch in purpose built environment
HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
March 2010 – Present
Sheraton Hotel – Saint Louis, MO
• Plan and direct operations of all departments
• Evaluate changes and guest needs and ensure fulfillment
• Monitor and maintain financial performance
• Responsible for overall guest satisfaction
• Resolve guests’ problems
• Conduct daily standup meetings with staff especially during shift changes
• Oversee employees to ensure provision of quality services
Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO – 2005
Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management
Major: Personnel Organization
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Excellent guest service orientation and attention to detail
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Good planning and organizational skills