A Bellman works in the hospitality industry including hotels, motels and resorts alike. Their major responsibility is to provide guests with a number of facilities. This name was derived from the fact that bellmen would respond to a bell in a hotel whenever a guest was supposed to be directed to a room or needed help.
A bellman will need to put some specific skills in a resume that is particular to his core competencies relevant to the requirements of the employer.
2 Important Tips
• Never Copy and paste the job description of the employer in the experience section of your resume.
• Do not include any irrelevant information or experience in your resume because it will waste the space and will make an unprofessional impression to the reader.
Bellman Resume Example
893 Silver Street, Milton, NH 66353
(199) 009-9141, Email
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Bellman at Hyatt using hospitality experience and exceptional skills in providing excellent services to guests.
• Over four years of experience as a Bellman and Doorperson
• Complete knowledge of the hospitality industry
• Adept at maintaining and using relevant equipment
• Highly skilled in anticipating guests’ needs and responding appropriately
• Well versed in sustaining positive guest relations
• Managed a delegation of Japanese diplomats by providing them with the best hospitality services and thereby being recommended for a promotion
• Awarded the Best Employee of the Year title following provision of excellent guest services in 2011
Bellman | Hotel Uno – Milton, NH | Dec 2009 – Present
• Greet guests as they arrive and guide them appropriately
• Assist guests with luggage when checking in/out
• Hail taxicabs and assist with inquiries
• Inform guests of the hotel’s procedures and policies and provide emergency information
• Assist in cleaning up lobby and lounge
• Help valets during busy hours
• Deliver messages and run errands
• Assist with newspaper deliveries to the rooms
Doorperson | Luxury Resorts & Hotels – Captiva, FL | Nov 2008 – Dec 2009
• Loaded and unloaded luggage carts
• Escort guests to rooms
• Checked luggage tags for arrivals and departures
• Delivered messages to meeting rooms
• Maintained current listing of leisure, particular events and activities
High School Diploma – 2008
• Excellent guest service, communications and interpersonal skills
• Profound ability to work on a flexible schedule
• Service orientated and highly organized
• Able to work with people of different backgrounds