A Bellman works in the hospitality industry including hotels, motels and resorts alike. Their major responsibility is to provide guests with a number of facilities. This name was derived from the fact that bellmen would respond to a bell in a hotel whenever a guest was supposed to be directed to a room or needed help.
A bellman will need to put some specific skills in a resume that is particular to his core competencies relevant to the requirements of the employer.
2 Important Tips
• Never Copy and paste the job description provided by the employer in the experience section of your resume.
• Do not include any irrelevant information or experience in your resume because it will waste the space and will make an unprofessional impression to the reader.
893 Silver Street | Milton, NH 66353 | (199) 009-9141 | Email
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Bellman at Hyatt utilizing successful hospitality experience and exceptional skills in providing excellent services to guests.
• Over four years of experience as a Bellman and Doorperson
• Complete knowledge of the hospitality industry
• Adept at maintaining and using relevant equipment
• Highly skilled in anticipating guests’ needs and responding appropriately
• Well versed in sustaining positive guest relations
• Managed a delegation of Japanese diplomats by providing them with the best hospitality services and thereby being recommended for a promotion
• Awarded the Best Employee of the Year title following provision of excellent guest services in 2011
Bellman | Hotel Uno – Milton, NH | Dec 2009 – Present
• Greet guests as they arrive and guide them appropriately
• Assist guests with luggage when checking in/out
• Hail taxicabs and assist with inquiries
• Inform guests of the hotel’s procedures and policies and provide emergency information
• Assist in cleaning up lobby and lounge
• Help valets during busy hours
• Deliver messages and run errands
• Assist with newspaper deliveries to the rooms
Doorperson | Luxury Resorts & Hotels – Captiva, FL | Nov 2008 – Dec 2009
• Loaded and unloaded luggage carts
• Escort guests to rooms
• Checked luggage tags for arrivals and departures
• Delivered messages to meeting rooms
• Maintained current listing of leisure, particular events and activities
High School Diploma – 2008
• Excellent guest service, communications and interpersonal skills
• Profound ability to work on a flexible schedule
• Service orientated and highly organized
• Able to work with people of different backgrounds