Hostesses are foremost individuals who interact with guests in hospitality or food service settings. The overall image of business dependents on how a hostess manage her duties.
Role and Responsibilities of Hostess
A hostess is the face of the establishment that she works for. She greet guests, escort them to their tables, provide menus and take orders. Needless to say, she should be well dressed and possess a positive and pleasant attitude. Once she has made guests comfortable, she is expected to take orders, provide information on daily specials and answer any questions that guests may have. Additionally, she relays orders to the kitchen and ensures that guests are provided with accurate orders in a time-efficient manner.
Since hostesses are hired on the basis of how well they can perform in a customer-oriented environment, they need to be very careful when writing a resume.
Objective or Summary?
A resume for hostess position can be started with an objective statement or professional profile/summary. A hostess objective is recommended for entry level hostesses with no experience. If you have some experience in hospitality industry, you can start your resume with 2-3 lines of summary statements describing your overall personality.
Many employers make crucial decisions by reading resume summaries which is why it is important to write a compelling summary when preparing a resume. You can get help from the following examples of resume summaries for the position of a hostess:
• Calm, focused and highly-motivated hospitality professional with 3+ years’ dedicated experience working as a hostess. Track record of providing exceptional first tier services in a hospitality environment along with a great communication skills aimed at making guests comfortable.
• Professionally trained hostess with extensive experience in providing first contact services in hotels with five star ratings. High developed customer service and leadership skills with deep focus on accuracy and time efficiency.
• Dynamic and committed hostess with seven years’ experience working in a hospitality setting. Enthusiastic to provide a high level of professional and personal excellence with absolute focus on maintaining patronage and ensuring recurring business.
• A versatile, customer-focused and competent hostess with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in hospitality arena. Demonstrated work ethics and excellent problem solving skills aimed at retaining customer patronage.
• Highly-dependable, hardworking hostess with hands-on approach of providing quality in guest services. Outgoing personality with unique ability to adapt appropriately to delicate situations. Ability to learn in the face of criticism.
• Self-directed, pleasant and resourceful individual with a decade experience in diverse waitressing capacities. Strong familiarity with the hospitality and food service industries with a successful track record of providing exceptional customer service.