A hostess’s job is to coordinate activities of the dining room within a hotel or a restaurant. Hostesses ensure the provision of a fine dining experience to guests by making sure that all logistics are in order.
As hostess position is very competitive, your resume is the only thing a hiring manager use to make a decision if you are qualified for job and an interview. It is also true when you have no work experience in hand. A number of hostess positions are entry-level or mid-career hospitality positions, so the only way to impress the employer is to write a functional or skills resume.
The following example will work for you even you don’t possess any prior work experience.
|6653 W Warlow Drive
Gillette, WY 77363
|Cellular: (555) 555-5555
Looking for a position as a Hostess with ABC Restaurant utilizing excellent hospitality skills and a natural ability to provide exceptional guest services.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality and Tourism – 2015
Gillette City University, Gillette, WY
• Highly skilled in greeting guests upon arrival and accompany them to the seat
• Profound ability to anticipate guest’s needs fulfil them immediately
• substantial knowledge of monitoring restaurant’s free space in order to determine seating and dining flow
• In-depth knowledge of the policies and procedures governing a safe working environment
• Profound ability to communicate in English and Spanish
• Ability to be gracious with guests all time
• Understanding of delivering excellent guest experience
• Excellent team player
• Able to work without supervision
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency and discipline
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to stand up and walk for long periods of time
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Active member of the anime and chess clubs
• Editor of the school magazine
• Solo vocalist of the school band
• Performed volunteer activities for the Habitat for Humanity
• Active fundraiser for various humanity organizations