Phlebotomy is the art of taking blood samples and phlebotomists are specialists who perform this task. They may be required to perform other tasks like sample management and work area management depending on their individual settings. As an entry level job, this position has much potential in terms of career growth and salary.
A resume for Phlebotomist position can open numerous doors in the practical world, but only, if you give appropriate care and attention while writing it. Remember, employers often are snowed under hundreds of resumes when they post an opening; they need a fast and professional way to decide which of these applicants are worth meeting. Consequently, you want to give yourself the best achievable chance of overcome others and move forward into the next round of consideration.
Get the help from this professional resume of an entry level candidate applying for a Phlebotomist job.
Also See: Phlebotomist Cover Letter for Resume
Phlebotomist Resume with No Experience
55 N York Street, Muskogee, OK 63511
(555) 555-5100, Email
Looking for a position as a Phlebotomist with Care Lab utilizing knowledge and skills in lab work and testing procedures to provide the best possible results.
Phlebotomy Training – UAF Community and Technical College - Muskogee, OK 2012
Certified From ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathologists)
High School Diploma – Muskogee High School 2011
• Working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, infection control and specimen processing
• Familiar with medical terminology, first aid and safety.
• Special talent for instructing patients with procedures
• Thorough understanding of centrifugation and specimen aliquoting
• Adept at managing office work relevant to the position
Holzer Health Systems – Gallipolis, OH Summer 2013
• Collected blood and urine specimens using venous and micro techniques
• Verified specimen collection information in laboratory information system
• Performed bleeding time procedures
• Communicated with patients and staff to provide information regarding status of orders
• Followed established policies and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Confident and a rational ability to work independently
• Fabulous organizational and interpersonal skills
• Intense lab skills
• Exceptional ability to work with a diversity of population
• Muskogee Phlebotomy Club
• American Society of Phlebotomy
• Boys and Girls Volunteer Club