Due to scarcity of supermarket jobs as compared to the ratio of job seekers, today’s job market works on the ‘survival of fittest’ principle.
In order to obtain a supermarket cashier position, you must build a well crafted and targeted resume containing your relevant skills and competencies.
The best way to create a good resume is to list down your areas of expertise and shortlist them to bring your competencies in line with the employer’s needs.
Following is a sample resume for a supermarket cashier position.
897 Kroger’s Lane ✲ Alvin, TX 78554 ✲ (303) 444-6666 ✲ kim.andrews @ email . com
SUMMARY: Dedicated and reliable cashier with strong work ethic and 3+ years’ solid experience in cashiering and customer service. Adept at supermarket counter cash and card transactions. Knowledgeable in general supermarket transaction policies and guidelines. Recognized for providing effective service while addressing the concerns of customers. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Demonstrated ability to manage cash register and process electronic transactions
• Proficient in balancing daily sales at day end before closing down of all cashier counters
• Ability to effectively calculate and apply discount offers where applicable in minimal time elapse
• Well versed in maintaining goods and sales inventory
• Considerable knowledge of cash counter software
Cashier | Publix Super Market, Austin TX | Oct 2010 – Present
• Maintain the cash counter in running condition, accept payments and make entries accordingly
• Balance the day’s transactions at daily cash closing
• Process and verify payments involving transfer of electronic funds
• Demonstrate a friendly but professional attitude towards customers coming up with payment related queries
• Follow the company’s guidelines regarding cash payments policy
• Assist in stocking of and re arrangement of display items in the supermarket when needed
• Implemented Point of sales touch screen register at four counters, educated and trained three cashiers regarding its usage and handling protocol
• Contributed to the supermarket’s sales via massive charitable promotions
• Earned the most punctual employee award twice in three years
• Immaculate mathematical computing skills
• Familiar with processing of coin star vouchers
• Tendering electronic fund transfers including VISA cards and EBT
• Well versed in handling Point of Sales touch screen register
University of Texas, Austin, TX | 2010
Associate’s degree in Business Administration