Following are some key skills for a grocery clerk resume.
You are free to use these skill statements in order to make a powerful resume.
Remember to select only 5 – 6 phrases which are most relevant to the employer’s requirements.
Grocery Clerk Skills for Resume
• Highly skilled in greeting customers who come into the grocery store
• Demonstrated ability to handle high stress and volume of customers whilst maintaining a positive shopping experience for the customer
• Demonstrated ability to operate cash register by following established policies and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and meticulous — high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent sales closure skills
• Ability to maintain a neat appearance as per store’s dress code policy
• Proven record of marking price of all merchandise accurately by stamping and placing shelf tags/signs
• Well-versed in monitoring expiry dates on all Grocery merchandise
• Able to maintain a clean and safe work area at all times
• Adept at stocking shelves, dairy case and other areas of the department
• Able to fill customer orders by obtaining items from shelves, freezers, coolers, bins, tables, or containers
• Competent at rotating stock to ensure quality, fresh merchandise at all times
• Fluent in English, Spanish, and Japanese
• Skilled in MS Word and Excel