A front office job in any organization holds great importance. This is due to the fact that people working at the front office are considered the face of an organization as they impact customers’ or visitors’ views about the organization.
Dental front office personnel greet patients, take preliminary information and schedule appointments. At times, they may be expected to provide chair-side assistance to the dentist especially if the dental assistant is not present.
Candidates applying for a front office job such as at a dental facility will need to ensure that their resume is conducive to the job requirements of the position. This may include the ability to interact with patients and families as a first point of contact and knowledge of working in a dental practice.
33 Green Street, Naples, FL 89333 | (999) 999-9999, Email
☆☆ FRONT OFFICE COORDINATOR ☆☆
PROFILE: Attentive and methodical professional with 8+ years’ progressive experience in dental front office operations. Proven track record of providing exceptional reception and customer services. A systematic individual who effectively schedules and reschedules appointments, performs dental insurance verification activities and handles chart reviews and overall office routines in order to run smooth operations.
• Implemented an interactive patient information system that allowed patients to register from remote locations thereby reducing the office’s administrative hassle
• Developed a patient scheduling system which provided alerts for rescheduling and cancelling
• Provided excellent chair-side assistance in the absence of dental assistant
• Reduced overheads and office expenses by $5000 per month through implementation of bulk buying techniques
Dental Receptionist ★ Delta Dental Place, Naples, FL Jan 2012 – Present
• Welcome patients and take preliminary information
• Record all patient information in database
• Schedule, reschedule and cancel appointments
• Take telephone calls and provide information to both callers and walk-in patients
• Ensure that charges and payments are posted appropriately
• Make charts for new patients
• Manage and coordinate patient flow
• Take and verify patients’ insurance verification
• Maintain the front office in a clean and tidy manner
Front Desk Assistant ★ Delta Dental Place, Naples, FL Aug 2005 – Dec 2011
• Greeted patients as they arrived and seated them appropriately
• Took preliminary information and punched it in the database
• Took patients’ vitals before each dental procedure
• Made sure that all paperwork was manage properly
• Ensured that the front desk area is maintained appropriately
• Managed inventory of office and dental supplies
Associate’s Degree in Customer Service ★ Naples High School, Naples, FL – 2004